[PDF,EPUB] Storytelling with Photographs ~ How to Create a Photo Essay - Anne Darling

Discussion in 'Photo eBooks' started by anonzzz, 14 Aug 2018.

1. anonzzz

anonzzz Moderator

Staff Member Lifetime Gold Trusted Gold Member No Limit
    fNDucsC.jpg

STORYTELLING WITH PHOTOGRAPHS: HOW TO CREATE A PHOTO ESSAY

This book is a blue-print for anyone who would like to learn how to create top notch photo essays. It guides you through the process of planning the essay, which different types of shot to include, how to create various types of stories ranging from a simple series to a time-sequence essay with a narrative structure, offers important technical tips specifically relevant to shooting an essay, and gives you information on how and where to share your work. This book is suitable for amateur and professional photographers with a reasonable working knowledge of their cameras.

Section 1: Before your start
    Section 2: The single image
    Section 3: Types of photo essays
    Section 4: Planning a photo essay
    Section 5: Planning your shots
    Section 6: Editing your photo essay
    Section 7: Two sample essays
    Section 8: Publishing your work
    Section 9: Learn more

If you are looking to do something more with those hundreds of images on your hard drive or like the idea of creating a story with photos, then this book will guide you through the process from start to finish, from planning your shots to publishing your essay.

Biography

I have been a photographer for more than 25 years, and remember as a child the photographs my father took with his Box Brownie. Over the years, I progressed from simple roll-film cameras to 35 mm SLR cameras and I remember many happy hours locked in my darkroom and the magic of seeing an image gradually appear on a piece of submerged paper. When the digital era arrived I embraced the new technology wholeheartedly. I swapped film for the magic of the memory card and my darkroom for the wonders of Photoshop.

I have also been a painter and exhibited both my paintings and my photographs in many art galleries around the world as far afield as Glasgow, Paris and Beijing. I studied drawing and composition for three years in an informal setting with a crazy bunch of artists at Orchardton House in south west Scotland. Crazy but talented and I am deeply grateful for all the knowledge I gained in that time as it not only helped me create better paintings but also gave me the tools to make stronger photographic images. To further enhance my skills, I completed a Master's Degree in Photography while living in China, an awesome nation and a gift for all lovers of photography.

Today I live in France where I pursue my love of photography and spend my creative energies making photos and, more and more, creating fine art photo montages.

Anne Darling, BSc (1st Hons), MA (Travel & Social Documentary Photography, and International Photojournalism) Chantillac, France, 2014

DOWNLOAD:
    https://p-v.club/threads/pdf-epub-s...e-a-photo-essay-anne-darling.3724/#post-76440

Last edited by a moderator: 6 Mar 2021
    fotodude, martine33, mariana and 34 others like this.
  2. nefuk

nefuk Gold

No Limit

Hi, Would it be possible to re-upload this? Thanks.

fotodude likes this.
  3. freelancer007

freelancer007 New Member

Empty folder , pls check ! Regards !

4. Jack Smith

Jack Smith Moderator

Mirror:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**

Last edited: 24 Dec 2021
  5. Néstor Navarro

Néstor Navarro New Member

Fantastic!

6. Fearless

Fearless Moderator

Staff Member Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
  7. Jack Smith

Jack Smith Moderator

Mirror in post #4 fixed:

8. 515