[PDF] Fashion Flair for Portrait and Wedding Photography - Lindsay Adler

Discussion in 'Photo eBooks' started by anonzzz, 16 Aug 2018.

1. anonzzz

anonzzz Moderator

Staff Member Lifetime Gold Trusted Gold Member No Limit
    [PDF] Fashion Flair for Portrait and Wedding Photography - Lindsay Adler

Ky1omlq.jpg

Fashion Flair for Portrait and Wedding Photography teaches photographers how to take the concepts of fashion photography (including preparation, styling, props, lighting, posing and post-processing) and apply these techniques to their portrait and wedding photography. By adding fashion flair to their work, photographers can distinguish themselves from their competition and demand a higher price for their images and creativity. Fashion photographers use preparation, styling, props, lighting, posing and post-processing techniques to achieve the desired visual effects in their high-end shoots. Yet these very same techniques can be applied to the images of portrait and wedding photography to create outstanding work that will differentiate a photographer from the competition. Clients want to feel like they are models, and live in a fantasy and this book will help them feel edgy, striking and high-end through a unique approach to their portraits. This book is not about becoming a fashion photographer - it is about using fashion photography techniques for successful portrait and wedding photography.

Editorial Reviews

Review
    Introduction: Why Fashion Flair? PART I: ESSENTIAL CONCEPTS OF FASHION FLAIR. 1. Preparation: 2. Location. 3. Styling. 4. Props. 5. Posing. 6. Equipment. PART II: SHOOTING TECHNIQUES. 7. In Camera Techniques. 8. Lensbaby. 9. Experimenting. PART II: LIGHT. 10. Analyze the Light. 11. Natural Light. 12. Studio Lighting. 13. Flash, Studio on Location. PART III: AFTER THE SHOOT. 14. Post-Processing. PART IV: FASHION FLAIR BUSINESS PRACTICES. 15. Business Practices.

About the Author
    Lindsay Adler is a professional portrait and fashion photographer. She is passionate about photography and enjoys creating surreal fashion editorials that allow her to take her dreams and fantasies and turn them into beautiful realities. Lindsay spends the majority of her time working on fashion editorials, running a portrait studio, and writing articles for a variety of publications. She is a regular contributor to "Popular Photography," "Shutterbug Magazine" and "Apogee Photo." Lindsay also teaches photography workshops and lectures at professional photography organizations, photo conferences and other international photo events. She has photographed in more than two dozen countries. Over the years, Lindsay has received many awards for her photography including Hearst awards for photojournalism and College Photographer of the Year awards for her fashion work. She has received honors or scholarships from the North American Nature Photography Association (NANPA), New York Women in Communications (NYWICI), and Syracuse University where she received her college degree.

REVIEWS

Just received this book a couple of days ago and already completed a first pass read of it. It was hard to put it down, she has so much good information on adding a fashion twist to your photography. I have always viewed my photography in a similar manor and tried to approach weddings and seniors from a fashion model perspective. However, this book offers a lot of great tips and suggestions to really make your photographs have that feel to them. Like many, I struggle for creativity at times and my first pass through this book has re-inspired me with new ideas and really moved my thinking "outside of the box" so to speak. It just made me want to grab my gear, find a willing model, and create fantastic images!

I like how she really puts the emphasis of the book on the photo creating aspect and not so much on equipment. Sure, there are chapters on cameras, lenses and lighting equipment but just enough to guide you and it doesn't overpower the real point of the book. She provides a lot of insight on the process itself from finding models, locations, and props to interacting with the clients, choosing the right backgrounds (and apertures). It also covers the post-production workflow in Lightroom, etc. It was a pleasant suprise to see how big this book really was and how much information was in it. So many books these days are produced in a hurry and end up weak in subject, but certainly not here as you will get a lot for your money.

I can sense that this is her passion and appreciate her openness in sharing how she has succeeded at this craft in a sincere effort to help those like me advance in our photographic skills.
    ---
    This is the best book I have read so far regarding running my photography business. At first I couldn't see how I could possible use any of the information given in the first few chapters, but as I digested the material I found myself doing things outside the box and creating opportunities where before I couldn't see them. I used almost all the information in this book, and keep it on my desk for reference. It's definitely aimed at someone who is very familiar with the camera, and has some business background. It does not teach you the basics (thankfully), and gives you realistic ideas and concepts you can use to help distinguish and build your business. It's very well written as well.

REFERENCE:
    https://www.amazon.com/Fashion-Flair-Portrait-Wedding-Photography/dp/1435458842

DOWNLOAD:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**

2. moonwalker

moonwalker Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    The folder is empty. Anyone have this?

3. Thunder

Thunder Legendary

Come on moonwalker, I own the internet! you just need to ask 'n you get the link...

Fashion Flair for Portrait and Wedding Photography - Lindsay Adler

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**

dly45647, greif, Coraline and 23 others like this.
  4. moonwalker

moonwalker Master

haha! Now i know, you are the truly owner. Thanks a lot.

Be ready for the E-Book (Launch dare : April 2021):

Joanie Simons
    https://www.amazon.com/Picture-Perfect-Food-Photography-Bite-Sized/dp/1645672557

5. Thunder

Thunder Legendary

6. moonwalker

moonwalker Master

Appreciate that so much.

Thunder likes this.
  7. Nikon4life

Nikon4life Legendary Master

Mirror Here: Please provide a like to those above . . . ;)

Mirror below . . .

upload_2023-9-3_7-53-12.png

Last edited: 6 Mar 2024
    dly45647, greif, Coraline and 19 others like this.
  8. patyinflux

patyinflux New Member

Thanks!

9. spits62

spits62 New Member

File not found. Please re-upload.

10. dzinetokyo

dzinetokyo Silver III

Hello @spits62. Check out post#7 above. I tested it and it works just fine.

11. spits62

spits62 New Member

Thanks man

12. Skits

Skits Silver IV

Gold Member No Limit
    All links dead, anyone please mirror?

13. Coraline

Coraline Gold Nova

Gold Member No Limit
    Mirror:

EPUB / PDF / AZW3 / MOBI

Hidden Content:

Last edited: 5 Mar 2024
    wewere, vegc, dly45647 and 4 others like this.
  14. dhcnet

dhcnet Silver I

thanks!!!

Coraline likes this.