[PDF] The Photoshop Darkroom ~ Creative Digital Post-Processing - Harold Davis & Phyllis Davis

Discussion in 'Photo eBooks' started by anonzzz, 19 Aug 2018.

1. anonzzz

anonzzz Moderator

Staff Member Lifetime Gold Trusted Gold Member No Limit
    [PDF] The Photoshop Darkroom ~ Creative Digital Post-Processing - Harold Davis & Phyllis Davis

Il2QgTB.jpg

The Photoshop Darkroom offers limitless possibilities for photographers looking for jaw-dropping results, using powerful and innovative creative post-processing techniques. If you want folks to ask "How did you do that?" then this is the book for you!

The images in The Photoshop Darkroom will inspire you and help you unleash your creative potential. You'll learn to view your own digital photography with new eyes.

Step-by-step directions show you real-world examples of how to achieve the results you want from your photography and post-processing.
    • Learn how to work with RAW image files
    • Understand the Photoshop darkroom workflow
    • Multi-process RAW files
    • Extend the dynamic range of your photographs
    • Create High Dynamic Range (HDR) images by hand
    • Create stunning black and white imagery with Photoshop
    • Use layers and masking for compositing
    • Create striking color effects using LAB color
    About the Author
    Harold Davis is an award-winning professional photographer. He is the best-selling author of more than 30 books, including The Photoshop Darkroom 2: Creative Digital Transformations (Focal Press), Creative Portraits: Digital Photography Tips & Techniques (Wiley), Creative Black & White: Digital Photography Tips & Techniques (Wiley), Creative Composition: Digital Photography Tips & Techniques (Wiley), Creative Night: Digital Photography Tips & Techniques (Wiley), Creative Close-Ups: Digital Photography Tips & Techniques (Wiley), The Photoshop Darkroom: Creative Digital Post-Processing (Focal Press) and Practical Artistry: Light & Exposure for Digital Photographers (O'Reilly). Harold writes the popular Photoblog 2.0, www.photoblog2.com, and is a regular photography and Photoshop columnist for Photo.net, a photography site with more than one million members.

Harold is a popular presenter on a wide range of digital photography and Photoshop topics. His workshops are sought after and often sold out.

In addition to writing and photography, Harold has been a software engineer, an enterprise technology consultant, and an Internet company executive. Photographic adventures and assignments have taken him across the Brooks Range, the northernmost mountains in Alaska. He has photographed the World Trade Towers, hanging out of a small plane, followed in the footsteps of Seneca Ray Stoddard, a 19th-century photographer of the Adirondacks, and created human interest photo stories about the residents of Love Canal, an environmental disaster area.

Harold is well known for his night photography and experimental ultra-long exposure techniques, use of vibrant, saturated colors in landscape compositions, and beautiful creative floral imagery. He is inspired by the flowers in his garden, hiking in the wilderness, and the work of great artists and photographers including M.C. Escher, Monet, van Gogh, and Edward Weston.

REVIEWS

I first became aware of author and photographer Harold Davis a couple of months ago through an article he wrote on Selective Sharpening for "Photonet" ([...]). You can review this article on the Photonet Website under the "Learning" tab menu options.

There are many digital sharpening processes (that is increasing edge contrasts) available but Harold Davis' selective LAB sharpening is the first I have found which is an easily learned selective sharpening; a way to restrict sharpening to the areas which benefit from sharpening. It is necessary to advoid sharpening areas of soft focus, noise and other artifacts as sharpening these areas will degrade rather than improve the image. With this process, the user maintains fine control over each step.

Based on this very well written sharpening article, I researched the author to find that he has published more than thirty computer programming and digital photography books, each to excellent reviews by readers as well as professional reviewers. He is recognized in the digital photography field for his ability to share his expertise through classroom teaching and writting.

In The Photoshop Darkroom, he presents several varied processes for improving and applying special effects to digital images in Photoshop. He expands his selective sharpening presentation through screen shots of the Photoshop steps accompanied by concise notes. He follows this format for each of process presented in this book. He simplifies and improves many of the Photoshop processes I struggled with in learning Photoshop. This book will be helpful for those digital photographers beginning Photoshop through to the advanced users.
    ---
    I'm the type of photographer who wants to do it all; a little of this and some of that, and the bulk of my learning comes about through reading and doing. Okay, so I'm an advanced amateur, however, I started late, and I've still managed to cut myself a minor niche that contributes to the purchase of equipment. Having admitted to my own failings I'm here to report that the Davis's really know photography, and, lucky for me, they do a damned good job with show and tell too. Of all the books I've purchased, and the small amount of money I've spent on courses, I've learned more from "The Photoshop Darkroom" than even I could've hoped for; and I can hope for a lot. I especially like the methodology: step by step procedures, additional methods of accomplishing the same technique, personal notes suggestive of why Mr. Davis might prefer one thing over another. It's almost as if someone is sitting beside you, enticing you to do this or try that. Wow! Deserving of 6 stars, no, 7, no..... this book has helped me immeasurably.

REFERENCE
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/024081259X

DOWNLOAD
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**

2. PatsFanNYC

PatsFanNYC New Member

dead link.

3. Thunder

Thunder Legendary

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    Another link

The Photoshop Darkroom: Creative Digital Post-Processing

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**

Nesko Meskovic, net, Coraline and 8 others like this.
  4. PatsFanNYC

PatsFanNYC New Member

Thanks, Bro!! Much appreciated.

5. Thunder

Thunder Legendary

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    Pleasure mate...

6. Coraline

Coraline Gold Nova

Gold Member No Limit
    Mirror:

EPUB / PDF

Hidden Content:

diosdado, net and wewere like this.