[PDF] The Wild Side of Photography Unconventional and Creative Techniques - Cyrill Harnischmacher

Discussion in 'Photo eBooks' started by anonzzz, 22 Jul 2018.

1. anonzzz

anonzzz Moderator

Staff Member Lifetime Gold Trusted Gold Member No Limit
    jJaqWPx.jpg

Reviews:

If you or any of your photography students has any inclination toward engineering, this book is for you! It's like a short version of taking a class with Andrew David-Hazy at the Rochester Institute of Technology. If you don't know what that means, look it up. I once attended a weekend workshop for photo educators at R.I.T., and that was a great deal of fun! I don't have the book in front of me at the moment, but I believe David-Hazy was one of the contributors. Another great book along similar lines is this one: Adventures with Pinhole and Homemade Cameras by John Evans. I know David-Hazy helped with that one.
    ---
    This book is chock full of so many new ideas for expanding your photographic techniques it may become an indispensable part of your photo equipment. While not detailing every step needed to accomplish every photo technique there are enough references to point the reader in the right direction. Websites, further reading and equipment needed are all covered and all you need otherwise is to be creative yourself, using the ideas in this wonderful book. Chapters on photography using kites or long extension poles expand the photographic universe beyond the conventional. Other chapters on building tilt/shift lens attachments and making images with a low-end scanner show the inventiveness of each contributing author and many of the techniques don't require a huge outlay of money, always welcome in a hobby/profession which can get very expensive, very quickly. Translated from the original German this book loses none of its verve because of that, and the editors have done a great job of illustrating almost all of the techniques used. Whether you want to read the whole book at one time, or delve into an individual chapter bit by bit, the thrill of thinking about new ways to take images will take hold of you. Rarely is an entire book a "must read" but this is one. At the very least it will get you thinking about new ways to take photographs - it might change you entire perspective of how you see the world through a camera lens. I am one of the book reviewers for the Arkansas Outdoor Photographers Club and can highly recommend this book to our members.

LINK:
    https://www.amazon.com/Wild-Side-Photography-Unconventional-Harnischmacher

Download:
    https://p-v.club/threads/pdf-the-wi...niques-cyrill-harnischmacher.3168/#post-80471

Last edited by a moderator: 30 Nov 2020
  2. nefuk

nefuk Expert

No Limit
    Dead link / empty folder

3. Thunder

Thunder Elite

Lifetime Gold Trusted Gold Member No Limit
    The Wild Side of Photography Unconventional and Creative Techniques - Cyrill Harnischmacher

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**

4. nefuk

nefuk Expert

No Limit
    Thunder likes this.
  5. grenice

grenice VIP

Thank you!

Thunder likes this.
  6. Thunder

Thunder Elite

It's my pleasure.
    I'm keen to keep "anonzzz" posts alive as much as we can.

7. Nikon4life

Nikon4life VIP

Mirror here:
    Please like above-posted OP and prior mirror-ing peeps . . . ;)

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**
    upload_2023-11-20_10-39-43.png