[PDF] Understanding Shutter Speed - Bryan Peterson

Discussion in 'Photo eBooks' started by anonzzz, 7 Aug 2018.

1. anonzzz

anonzzz Moderator

Staff Member Lifetime Gold Trusted Gold Member No Limit
    nnG7RHH.jpg

The first book in the Understanding Photography series, Understanding Exposure, was a runaway best-seller, with more than 250,000 copies sold. Now author Bryan Peterson brings his signature style to another important photography topic: shutter speed. With clear, jargon-free explanations of terms and techniques, plus compelling “before-and-after” photos that pair a mediocre image (created using the wrong shutter speed) with a great image (created using the right shutter speed), this is the definitive practical guide to mastering an often-confusing subject. Topics include freezing and implying motion, panning, zooming, exposure, Bogen Super Clamps, and rendering motion effects with Photoshop, all with helpful guidance for both digital and film formats. Great for beginners and serious amateurs, Understanding Shutter Speed is the definitive handy guide to mastering shutter speed for superb results.

Reviews:

I read Bryan's first book, "Understanding Exposure" and thought it was one of the best photography books writtens. Therefore, when he came out with this one I didn't buy it because I didn't want to be disappointed with rehashes of photos I already saw or he just added a few points to concepts already covered in other books.

I was on a photo safari when someone told me how much they enjoyed the book. Therefore, I decided to buy it. I was pleasantly surprised to see how he took something as basic as "shutter speed" and successfully held my interest for the entire book.

Bryan categorizes the book based on the shutter speed. These range from the speeds that freeze action (1/1000, 1/500, 1/250), to the slower ones that emphasize motion.

The books value is in the use of the slower speeds. There is not much to learn about taking images at the faster speeds that freeze action.

I give credit because he didn't just provide a bunch of pictures of the cliche slow shutter images (i.e., waterfalls and people walking). Instead, he shows you how to allow the moving subjects to paint the picture. My favorites examples are the boats in the water and the fields of grass. In these examples, he shows the typical image taken a faster speeds. Next, he shows how slowing the shutter speed allows the objects to move slightly thus producing very interesting photos.

I've taken photos of flowers in the past. I used to get upset because I couldn't use a fast enough shutter speed when I increased my aperture for greater depth of focus without increasing my ISO. In retrospect, I could've used a slower shutter speed to emphasize the motion and create more colorful images. This only works if one dares to try something different.

In conclusion, Bryan does an excellent job of showing you how to creatively use what you already know.
    ---
    When I ordered this book my first thought before receiving it was that I didn't think I would learn too much but I have always loved his photography.

Boy was I wrong. After reading the book I realized how many of my photos could have been better if I paid more attention to shutter speed. I had become so used to all of my photos stopping the action, that I realized if I had slowed the shutter and let some of the background blur, it would have actually improved the photo.
    shutter speed was something I was taking for granted and this book helped remind me of a creative element I had forgotten.

Like all of Bryan Peterson's books, this book is easy to read and all concepts are explained in a clear and concise manner. another plus is that many photos have two different versions to show what a change in shutter speed can do and if nothing else, this book is worth it for the fantastic photos within it's pages. He truly has a wonderful eye.

REFERENCE:
    https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Shutter-Speed-Bryan-Peterson-ebook/dp/B004JHYK88

DOWNLOAD:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**

Coraline, DC9, longlongago and 31 others like this.
  2. faibolx

faibolx New Member

Thank you, unfortunately the link is dead :(

3. Thunder

Thunder Elite

Lifetime Gold Trusted Gold Member No Limit
    Another link
    Understanding Shutter Speed: Creative Action and Low-Light Photography Beyond 1/125 Second

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**

Coraline, mrgas, kimlanvn and 22 others like this.
  4. faibolx

faibolx New Member

Thank you very much ¡

5. Thunder

Thunder Elite

Lifetime Gold Trusted Gold Member No Limit
    It's my pleasure mate...

faibolx likes this.
  6. qanthoniop

qanthoniop New Member

Fix please

7. diosdado

diosdado Veteran

Trusted Gold Member No Limit
    pls re upload

8. FIDELI0

FIDELI0 New Member

Please re-up

9. Coraline

Coraline Master

Gold Member No Limit
    Mirror:

PDF / EPUB

Hidden Content:

10. qanthoniop

qanthoniop New Member

thanks ;)