Dead Phantom light: lighting technique and color treatment

Discussion in 'Photo Tutorials' started by le_penseur_, 28 May 2019.

1. le_penseur_

le_penseur_ Silver IV

No Limit

Learn to portray with creative lighting techniques

Ibai Acevedo - Photographer for brands such as Nike, Microsoft, Tous, Evax or Mahou - will help you find your own style when taking pictures through experimentation and the transmission of evocative sensations.

To do this, he will show you step by step his work process when making a portrait playing with an unconventional lighting technique but with many creative possibilities, the phantom light.

Once the photograph is done, Ibai will detail its retouching methodology to achieve a treatment by light and color areas with an oniric aesthetic that wanders between reality and fiction.

883-big.jpg

What does this course include?

You will begin by getting to know the trajectory of Ibai Acevedo and some of his most outstanding works, then going into the ideas phase and finding out what inspires Ibai when making his photos.

Then Ibai will explain step by step his most representative technique, the phantom light, its possibilities and limits. You will also review the necessary and optional materials when taking pictures and, to better understand the proposed lighting scheme and the treatment by zones, you will be the witness of an Acevedo real shooting in the middle of the forest.

Finally, Ibai will teach you how to edit your photos with some key tricks such as the importance of color, the selection and development in Raw, the work in Photoshop and its final export.

What is the project of the course?

The final project will be a portrait using the technique of phantom light. Despite the fact that during the course, Ibai explains its entire process both in the shot and in postproduction, it is not essential to follow the steps to the letter. Once the tools and techniques that can intervene are taught, each student will choose to use them in the way that most interests them and with the means at their disposal.

885-big.jpg

Who is it for?

This course is aimed at anyone who wants to expand their creative tools when making a photo. Both for the people who start and for the most advanced. Once the techniques, processes and small tricks are assimilated, each photographer will mark how far to curl the curl.

Requirements

To carry out this course, basic knowledge of Digital Photography and Photoshop is necessary.

Regarding the essential materials, you will need a camera, a computer with Camera Raw and Photoshop (or failing that any other RAW developer / editing software), a tripod (or way to leave the camera fixed) and an artificial light source ( flash, focus, flashlight, reflector, etc.)

In addition, as extras, it does not hurt to have a flash separated from the camera (connected wirelessly or by cable sync), a foot of focus or flash attachment and a remote trigger.

882-big.jpg

About the Author -
    Ibai Acevedo
    87-large.jpg

My name is Ibai Acevedo, I appeared in 84 by Barcelona and I am a photographer. The truth is that I would have loved to say that at the age of eight they gave me my first camera, but that's it! At that time I played with dolls in the bathtub.

During the time when the photography and I did not coincide, I was on vacation in normal places, doing good, making friends and even becoming a graphic designer. All that happened to the past when there came a time when I was just thinking about taking pictures. Although saying "Something in me woke up" or "I felt a strong inner call" always looks better.

Today, like McGiver with the hardware store, I have found a language with which I save more than a thousand words for each image created. And if you cover your eyes forcing me to choose among the thousand, I will surely say that I pilot a gimmicky style halfway between realities and fictions.

With weakness for tonalities and textures to patent, my means are justified at the end. It does not matter to lie or tell the truth, the important thing is to transmit. Everything is easier than it seems, without posadas, refritos or complicated artifices.

[empty folder link removed]

Last edited by a moderator: 18 Dec 2021
    Braitt, Eyes12, moonwalker and 24 others like this.
  2. stevestone

stevestone Legendary

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    this is a hidden gem.
    inspiring course

3. VENOM

VENOM Moderator

Staff Member Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
  4. Jack

Jack New Member

Please re-up!

Many thanks!