Gold philmColor R3

Discussion in 'Video Effects' started by vino, 17 Jul 2022.

1. vino

vino Silver III

Gold Member
    What is philmColor R3?

philmColor is an expansive collection of LUTs built around the RED IPP2 Color Workflow. The LUTs range from creative looks to useful tools for colorists in post. It's been a journey since the last release in 2017. Thousands of productions have used these LUTs on set, in post, and I've loved seeing the BTS grabs of the LUTs loaded on set. philmColor's success has allowed me invest a lot of time into people's requests, project looks, and more. A great deal of testing by individuals, studios, and productions commenced as well as creating more looks for my own projects. This led to an opportunity to even create the small selection of LUTs you get inside RED's new DSMC3 cameras. But I assure you that is merely a taste of the feast I've included in PCR3.

As many have figured out you can also use philmColor with other cameras by transforming your incoming footage into the REDWideGamutRGB Color Space and Log3G10 Gamma. There's an emphasis on cross camera combatility for this release as it's pretty common to have a few different cameras on set.

Motion Picture Film has remained the source of my inspiration and you will find hints of familiar hues, tones, and density that stretch across modern through vintage Kodak and Fujifilm stocks. As alwasy the goal was and is to produce digital stocks useful to the modern filmmaker that will work with a variety of lighting conditions and exposure methods. At key, under key, high key, or ETTR exposure methods work very well with these LUTs.

In Release 3 you get a total of 540 new LUTs with the purchase of philmColor as well as the previous 178 from philmColor R2. A duanting collection of LUTs, but I assure it's not about the number, I've been working on this release for almost 4 years now to create a sensible and long lasting collection of looks for RED's IPP2 workflow.

I've created philmColor R3's LUTs to be used as a RED IPP2 grading toolbox and is essentially a modular LUT workflow. As such I've organized the LUTs not only into individual categories, but also generally the order I suggest using them in you choose to cook up more complicated looks. LUT workflow is an interesting topic industry-wide, but there's many reasons why many productions choose this pathway and it comes down to control and consistency, which is an important aspect of professional image making. Colorist can take these LUTs and build out looks as well as just take inspiration from the direction they are taking things for a final grade. Many ways to work really. My goals are flexibilty, versatility, and compatibility.

What's included with philmColor R3?

- col_labDevAndSat - 21 new saturation, density, and development LUTs
    - crv_curves - 12 new tone curve LUTs
    - crv_fades - 8 new faded tone curve LUTs - click to learn more
    - crv_tones - 36 new perceptual, ETTR, film print characteristic curve LUTs
    - grd_achromic - 10 new "colorless" black and white LUTs
    - grd_polychromic - 70 new "digital film stock" LUTs
    - grd_printSplitTone - 27 new color split tone LUTs with cool, neutral, and warm variants
    - grd_revisedBaseStocks - 20 updated LUTs based on some of the most popular looks from philmColor R2
    - grd_schema - 204 new creative color scheme LUTs, bolder looks, shooting stocks, show looks, and more
    - out_ARC - 4 new Output Transforms in 33 and 65 sized cubes in both SDR and HDR with several black points
    - out_PFE_CLR - My clear version of my hard clipped and limited range 13 and 15 stop Kodak Print LUTs with 4 black points
    - out_RED - Including the SDR and HDR versions of RED's default Medium Contrast/Soft Highlight Roll-Off Output Transforms
    - out_resolveFilmLooks - 6 special Output Transforms based on Resolve's Film Looks with two black points
    - out_STEM - 3 new Color Space Grading STEMs (no tone curve) for Colorists and Advanced Users
    - utl_colorSpaceTransforms - 10 Color Space Tranforms from various manufacturer's Color Spaces and Gamma
    - plus all the previous LUTs from philmColor2

Examples of each category of philmColor R3

Across 15 categories, there's a lot to cover. I've included some examples and explanations of what each category is designed to do. But I urge you to explore each category. This is an incredibly deep release. I have organized them with a keycode and a prefix so you never get lost in which LUT or LUTs you're using or where to find them. "Col" stands for color, "crv" stands for Curve, "grd" stands for Grade, "out" stands for Output Transform, and "utl" stands for Utility.

col_labDevAndSat - 21 New LUTs
    This is a collection of saturation models, density modifiers, and development LUTs. I've created two new Bleach Bypass models for PCR3 which when combined with some of the stronger curves create a very nice stylized look. For nature filmmakers who have dealth with a hazy day or sky that's semi-not ideal, there's a few boosters for the highlights. I'm particularly fond of my "chromes" which feature unique color models leaning towards a dense and vibrant look as well as one print inspired model. Subtractive color density as well as additive to impact the weight of those hues towards a very film-like color response. A Sub CMY model which will actually change how color is drawn a bit. Two "natSat" models that may provide a bit more of a perceptual tuned lower level of saturation and color density. A fun negative and negative tone only look for those who understand the feeling of inversion :) Two scrubbed looks which appear to desaturate just the highlights as if they were scrapped from the print. And two subtractive tools to boost and reduce color accordingly. These are really designed for grading usages as dialing down their opacity or gain allows for personal tuning towarsd the look you're after. Here's just a few examples.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**

2. salleno

salleno Legendary

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    Any chance we can get a mirror?

3. xtremecoder

xtremecoder Master

Limit reached for free download of this file.

4. bbrooks

bbrooks Master

Essentially, link is dead. @vino can we get a reup please?

5. bilbobaglips

bilbobaglips Silver II

This looks great, but would need a different Mirror. PWEASEEEEE

6. xtremecoder

xtremecoder Master

Updated Link with no restriction
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by Gold Members(click for instructions) after they click 'Like'.**

hobmeireros, fatjo, g1_12 and 33 others like this.
  7. bilbobaglips

bilbobaglips Silver II

You beauty you! thanks!

8. gigelo

gigelo Legendary

You download: philmColor_Release3.rar (982,52 Mb)

the original has 980 Megs, can you please post the complete file?

gjmvfx and bablubhai like this.
  9. lkngood

lkngood Global Elite

Lifetime Gold Trusted Gold Member No Limit
    bump for full share as in op

10. Dde

Dde Silver IV

Gold Member No Limit
    I don’t know why but this Link leads me to a not valid download link

gjmvfx likes this.
  11. vino

vino Silver III

Gold Member
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**

12. Dde

Dde Silver IV

Gold Member No Limit
    Thank you but it’s only valid for premium users

13. amilcardirector

amilcardirector Silver IV

No Limit
    Re upload somewhere else.

14. lkngood

lkngood Global Elite

kinda demanding aint' it? " reupload somewhere else"

I found this asset searching the web on a non-premium download.
    If I can find it, so can you.

Dde likes this.
  15. amilcardirector

No Limit
    Jeez buddy, forget my manners.

From the first reply on the post, users are asking for mirrors because it wasn't working for anybody. Just saying.

Anyone else looking for it on a working link, here it is:

(Note: this is not the "complete" 980mb download)

Hidden Content:

fatjo, idkboi123, g1_12 and 2 others like this.
  16. Dde

Dde Silver IV

Gold Member No Limit
    It’s far enough for me -thank you ;)

17. lkngood

lkngood Global Elite

philmcolor 3 link.jpg

This is where the free download is.

Dde likes this.
  18. amilcardirector

No Limit
    Good find.

And this is where you guys can download now it from my dropbox account, because I'm kinda demanding but also a cool guy.

Hidden Content:

Last edited: 24 Jul 2024
    Dde, fatjo, g1_12 and 1 other person like this.
  19. Dde

Dde Silver IV

Gold Member No Limit
    Error (400) On your Dropbox link ;)

amilcardirector likes this.
  20. lkngood

lkngood Global Elite

Hidden Content:
    mirror

Thor1996, fatjo, imteee and 2 others like this.