Dead Pluralsight: Photoshop CC Working with Shape Tools

Discussion in 'Trash' started by manuz, 15 Jul 2019.

1. manuz

manuz Silver IV

Photoshop CC Working with Shape Tools.png

Description

Have you ever wondered how to use the vectors and shapes in Photoshop? Photoshop is primarily a raster program, so what's with the vector tools? This course, Photoshop CC Working with Shape Tools, is perfect for you because you'll fully understand why these tools are there, what they do, and how to use them in a real world type of project. First, you'll take a close look at every shape tool and explore their drawing options. Next, you'll discover how to use the shape properties to better control how shapes appear and how to create your own custom shapes. Finally, you'll use these skills in a real world project where you take a physical paint stroke, turn it into a company logo, and use it as part of a piece of corporate marketing. When you're finished with this Photoshop course, you'll not only better understand what the vector shapes are for, but also how they can help you in your regular graphics workflow. Software required: Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe Illustrator CC.

Course Overview
    Hey everyone, my name is Kirk Nelson. Welcome to my course, Photoshop CC Working with Shape Tools. I'm a professional graphics artist with 20 years of experience, and over 400 published works. Photoshop is best known for its raster features. Pixel pushing is what made Photoshop a household name. But there's more to the program than that. Photoshop also has a robust set of vector features. Chief among them are the shape tools. And in this course, we will dig into everything you ever need to know about working with shapes in Photoshop. Some of the major topics that we will cover include using the shape tools, exploring the shape properties, creating custom shapes, and using shapes for a corporate branding project. By the end of this course, you'll know how to use each of the vector shapes in Photoshop, how to create your own custom shapes, and how to use these tools in useful, real-world projects. Before beginning the course you should be familiar with the basic interface and operation of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. I hope you'll join me on this journey to learn all about the shape tools in Photoshop, with this course, Photoshop CC Working with Shape Tools, here at Pluralsight.

Using Shapes for Corporate Branding
    Hello everybody, and welcome back to Adobe Photoshop CC Working with Shape Tools. In this module, we'll be looking at using custom shapes for a corporate branding exercise. And in this clip, we'll be capturing a custom paint stroke. So we'll start off here with just some real media materials. I've got a paintbrush and some acrylic paint and a couple pieces of paper. I'm just going to take that brush, and I'm going to create a paint stroke that I think might be useful for a type of corporate logo for a creative type of company. Now I want the paint stroke to be a little bit deeper than this original stroke is, so I'm just going to thicken that paint up a little bit. Then we'll go into Adobe Capture again on the phone, we'll frame the paint stroke, adjust the slider a little bit to get some good contrast. I don't think smoothing is required on this one, so we'll just go ahead and save this to our Shapes library. And we'll call this one paint stroke. Tap on the checkmark, and then it gets added to our Photoshop shapes. In our next clip, we'll go into Illustrator and start cleaning this up and turning it into something that looks like a corporate logo.

Original Link: https://www.pluralsight.com/courses...h_google&utm_campaign=IN_Dynamic&utm_content=

Mod edit :
    [Dead Download Link Removed]

Last edited by a moderator: 18 Nov 2023
    supap, umatpati, gtabhas and 17 others like this.
  2. Fearless

Fearless Moderator

Staff Member Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    Mirrors are welcome