Quality vs. Quantity

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Complaints' started by Leona95, 15 Jun 2020.

1. noahthanks

noahthanks New Member

Edited the comment

marion likes this.
  2. Leona95

Leona95 Gold Nova

No Limit
    You can spread your word freely here. I would not mind getting trouble with uploaders. I think it's more important to give feedback and share your opinion (even if it's subjective) than to not have any evidence what the hell this is all about.

If you blindly trust the teacher's description from their shops you must assume each and every course will "bring your skills to the next level" and make you the sexiest photographer out there ;) We simply NEED an opposition here!

Finally I don't think the uploader will miss any likes. Every post pushes the thread up and makes it visible to the community. There are enough people that will grab it anyway.

@noahthanks thank you for adding the link ;)

zezynhu and Nikon4life like this.
  3. Mystic Wolf

Mystic Wolf Master

Trusted No Limit
    I'll add one too.

Tutorial: Justin Laurens - Portrait Retouching Course

About : Portrait Retouching Course

Review: One of the Worst Tutorials on Editing i have watched till date. Definitely one of the Best Marketing done to attract buyers.
    The Youtube Videos were more than sufficient to learn his style of Creating Depth to images.
    He cleverly marketed it by saying
    "
    FINALLY REVEALED!
    -

Learn My Unique 6-Step Editing Formula & Create Stunning & Impactful Portrait Images That Look 3D!
    (Without spending hours on each edit, or buying expensive equipment or having any prior Photoshop experience, Guaranteed!)"

Pros:
    • You will get a large Bunch of Tutorial videos & pdf files to fill-up your HDD.

Cons:
    • Too much of Talking & pdf Material which will make you feel lost in sometime while watching the course.
    • Too much time was wasted in explaining the thought Process of Basic Editing whereas the Advanced techniques / the Unique Editing Formulae (3D Look) were not explained much.
    • Most of the techniques used in the editing process were cross referenced to another course which is purely marketing.
    • The Full editing tutorial is a pre-edited workflow and the actual output after Realtime Edit is not shown which is rather Mis-leading
    My Rating: 3 /10

Product link
    https://www.justinlaurens.com/misc-36153772

Tutorial link (Request)
    https://p-v.club/threads/justin-laurens-portrait-retouching-course.17674/

4. ariel

ariel Silver IV

Gold Member No Limit
    Nice rating but honestyl, who would like to search the rating in the forum? This means "extra" work and is in my eyes not a clean way.

We need a rating system right now in the uploaded Thread. So if somebuddy is uploading a workshop, there should be also a Star-Rating with 3-4 different Categorys, like (learning factor, expressing himself, dominating the topic and so on).

Maybe something like amazon`s rating system with a second page with all the comments and rating for the specific upload?? Yes, we could comment in the Content section, but i don`t know if the majority of the users like this? And the fact that such evaluations are mixed with all thanksgiving makes the overview a little more difficult.

I for myself downloaded some workshops and in the end they are crappy.

aileron747, Nikon4life and Leona95 like this.
  5. Kandee

Kandee Silver II

Thanks

cotyora likes this.
  6. cyadron

cyadron New Member

Newcomer
    Thank you.

7. cotyora

cotyora Gold

No Limit
    Anyone wants to share something?