Queer Methodology for Photography (Routledge Research in Gender and Art) [PDF]

Discussion in 'Photo eBooks' started by Nikon4life, 6 Jan 2024.

1. Nikon4life

Nikon4life Legendary Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    Queer Methodology for Photography (Routledge Research in Gender and Art)
    by Asa Johannesson (Author)

More Info HERE

File Format: PDF
    File Size: 18.98 MB
    Publication Date: February 2024

upload_2024-1-5_22-59-10.png

This book presents new ways of approaching photographic discourse from a queer perspective, offering discussions on what a queering methodology for photography may entail by drawing links between artistic strategies in photographic practice and key theoretical concepts from photography theory, queer theory, critical theory, and philosophy. With different examples of conceptual perspectives, including representation, formalism, and mediumlessness, it seeks to diversify queer methodology for photography.

While primarily addressing photography, this book is entwined with broader philosophical questions concerning identity, difference, and the creations of systems of thought that limit the possibilities of existence to binary categorisation. It proposes a new concept of the photographic image that addresses its materiality, in the form of the poetic and the political, in relationship to a generative principle that is named as a queer quality: the photograph’s ability to voice queer concerns also beyond its role as representation.

I'm not convinced that defining an aspect of a non-binary approach to photography is a worthy read - as I'm certain there has always been an "X" [no pun intended] derivative of those now-identifying as such contributing to the field. But I'm game to entertain a once-through perusal for the intellectual stimulation (or piss-poor drivel) - I hope the former - from this Swede lass [ironically - I assume she is . . . - and if not - then sue me]. I've read far greater elements of shite from those holding a Ph.D. :rolleyes:

Mirror below . . . ;)

Last edited: 1 Aug 2024
    Coraline, markbhz, BeeThings and 6 others like this.
  2. Coraline

Coraline Legendary

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    Mirror:

EPUB / PDF

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**

vegc and wewere like this.