Question: Advertising Lifestyle Photography

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by moonwalker, 17 Dec 2020.

1. moonwalker

moonwalker Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    Anyone doing Advertising Lifestyle Photography right now?
    Can you share some of the requirements, tips and experience on doing this?
    I am trying to get into this category.

Thanks,
    moonwalker1985

2. santonio

santonio New Member

I’m also interested in that.

Maybe anyone has some tutorial recommendations?

3. Etto

Etto Gold

Gold Member No Limit
    I am getting into this also, figured out that weddings are way to stressful for my taste. Regarding advertising you can start with a giveaway for like 2x family home photosessions(what I did was to pick the most good looking family, I know, sounds awful, but this will be my advertising for the beginning) just so people see that you're into this. After that spam with cool photos from the giveaway sessions and do free photosessions if things are slow in the market so you stay active in the field.
    Your facebook friends are your free ads audience, IG could help alot!
    @santonio There are plenty of courses here on the topic, just type "lifestyle" in the search bar.

santonio likes this.
  4. santonio

santonio New Member

since recently I was really in portraits & beauty retouching.
    but after I had a 1on1 Coaching I really started thinking about what I want to do with my photography so since now I never thought about something else than beauty retouch.
    Thank you for this advice

5. shanelllio

shanelllio Silver IV

English is not my first language so not sure if I get this right, is it the same as lifestyle shoot for brands/venues/commercial use?

I do a lot of things but mainly lifestyle (both personal and commercial use) so I might be able to help with some tips. Do you have any photo examples that you like?

Or did you mean advertising as a lifestyle photographer? I just noticed this is an old thread so not sure if you still need some insights

moonwalker likes this.
  6. moonwalker

moonwalker Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    Hi thanks for the reply. i mean advertising as lifestyle photography. As example: hotel photography : family is having fun by the pool.

7. shanelllio

shanelllio Silver IV

I see. I haven’t used Facebook/Google/Instagram Ads but for lifestyle, I get inquiries from using the right hashtags on Instagram and TikTok. Pinterest can be useful to get your work around also.

If you need the contents to use, don’t post Giveaways on your main page, try to post it in some local groups (Facebook) and stories (Instagram) instead. Sometimes I also do collaborations with influencers, celebrities or venues to boost my audience, I limit it to once every 3-4 months though.

I don’t know what else to say but let me know if you have any specific questions:)

moonwalker likes this.