Reduce minimum price of GB (GroupBuy)

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Complaints' started by FreeEducation, 19 Jan 2021.

1. FreeEducation

FreeEducation Pro

@george

It was not possible to leave a comment on the Group Buy Rules section, therefore I place my request here.

I have participated in GB before and everything was always up to satisfaction. A few weeks back I posted a request/GB for a tutorial, but unfortunately it got denied by @h1ghm1nd since it did not met the criteria for a GB.

He did not go into the specifics but I assume it was about the Minimum price of a product of 199 €/$.

I never knew this was a thing and in this case the tutorial was on discount as well. I believe the original price was 179,- and during the holidays it was 125,- or so.

It seemed that more than enough people where willing to chip in, however it never happened due to the strict rules.

Would it be possible to reduce the minimum price to a lower amount, let's say 99 €/$ or so.

In the end it would benefit the community since we would have more content available and this way discounts would benefit us rather than punish us if tutorials are on sale and so.

Group Buy Rules:
    • You have to include me or a mod in every Group Buy thread and request for approval after we see that other members are interested to join .
    • Group Buys will be posted in the Requests section.
    • The minimum price of a product for a GB is 199 €/$.
    • If the Group Buy is approved by a mod or myself, the thread will be prefixed with the GroupBuy prefix .
    • The OP must specify the number of people needed and the price to be paid by each member (no less than 10€/$, no more than 100€/$).
    • Every participant must reply to the thread and say that he is in and the complete sum must be transferred in max. 48 hours from the moment that he receives the payment details (or else he will be disqualified).
    • The sum will be transferred to me (or a mod) by PayPal.
    • The content will be exclusive to the GB members for 1 to 6 months (depending on the price of the product). After that it will be available to Gold Members as well.
    • The participants will receive 1 TP for every 2 €/$ spent, when the GB is completed.

Note: GB Rules will be updated without notice. Please follow this thread regularl

2. moshin1

moshin1 Pro

Gold Member
    I agree with this.

3. lunareclipse

lunareclipse Master

Gold Member No Limit
    I agree with lowering it as well.

moshin1 likes this.
  4. Mystic Wolf

Mystic Wolf Legend

Trusted No Limit
    +1 for reduction or Clubbing GBs to meet the minimum 199 €/$.

moshin1 likes this.
  5. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Pro

6. Ruf1

Ruf1 New Member

This would be helpful, specially now that the coupon system is on hiatus.

7. Shark13

Shark13 Rookie

I agree with this also!! Unfortunately we lost a lot of useful material because we could not create a GB.
    If the limit changes this will help many members. @h1ghm1nd What is your opinion on this?

8. mariana

mariana Expert

Gold Member No Limit
    Up about this topic, there are many amazing tutorials that cost 199 or 150 in sale for example.

9. moshin1

moshin1 Pro

Gold Member
    yes, It will be nice if we can have pandemic Groub Buys that are somewhat relaxed on the rules

10. Dave305

Dave305 New Member

great idea...

11. Shark13

Shark13 Rookie

I just learned that only Gold members will be able to create request. So if for example we have 100 gold members and only 20 are high level photographers we will have new material 80% completely amateur. And some photographers who are at a high level are not allowed to regest high quality material. My opinion is to give everyone the opportunity for request but to be evaluated by the admins.
    For example today I wanted to make a big request for a leading wedding photographer in the industry. An incredible content of knowledge for those who want to level up and I can't..

@george @h1ghm1nd
    I just make suggestions for the good of the forum. Nothing else. Not to be misunderstood.

12. moshin1

moshin1 Pro

Gold Member
    I think that you need to be a gold member to ask for Group Buys. Is quite cheap every month.

13. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Pro

That's not a bad idea. There are some good stuff for under 200 that would be great to have