Registration is closed

Discussion in 'Photo-Video Club News' started by george, 20 Sep 2020.

1. george

george Administrator

Staff Member Gold Member No Limit
    New accounts cannot be created for now.
    Members that do not have an account should come back later because registration will be open again after accounts with 0 posts will be removed.
    There isn't an invitation system. Do not get scammed.

Ssen, jmgcg1, darkstorm and 23 others like this.
  2. Mystic Wolf

Mystic Wolf Legend

Trusted No Limit
    Dear George,
    Thanks for the message.
    As you said Members accounts with 0 posts will be deleted, appreciate if you can remove accounts with Suspicious activities too to make this forum a better place.
    Thanks...

salleno, xiaoyuer, janabart and 4 others like this.
  3. greengoblin

greengoblin Pro

Some good news, finally.

Time to root out weeds, and make this forum great.

salleno and byMrart like this.
  4. cassini

cassini Legend

Trusted Gold Member No Limit
    I would like to suggest to remove all accouts creating post thread inquiring for all kinds of labels, mock-ups, .psd templates & etc. This club is dedicated only for Photo & Video if it will be alright if could focus and concentrate ourselves on the group's theme. Again, we,re not GFXtra, CGPersia, and etc. this P-V.Club. So, let's stick on what we have done for a long time. This is an exclusive group made for only for people dedicated to Photography & Video Editing.

For me, they're only using the intellectual property of this Club in order for them just to have a post so they won't be eliminated to this Group. The more we do entertain and filled up their request, their numbers get bigger. And also, they've tried to have a GOLD account in order to get all of the stuffs and major belongings from this group and is then posted it on another site / sell it to have a personal income.

Last edited: 20 Sep 2020
    absentia, salleno, w@rs@w and 10 others like this.
  5. ariel

ariel Veteran

No Limit
    This is a great move in a good direction but in long term this will bring some minor changes in the community and how this p-v.club Site is financed.

6. cassini

cassini Legend

@ariel Hi? You've been here since June 2020 and until now you don't know how P-V club works? I'd like to rephrase the question how come you're a Gold member?

7. george

george Administrator

Staff Member Gold Member No Limit
    I agree.
    All things that are NOT directly related to Photo/Video (labels, mock-ups, graphics, etc. - see GFXtra, CGPersia) will be removed.
    Repeated offenders will be warned.
    Note: at 3 warnings your account gets limited.

bbrooks, cassini and xiaoyuer like this.
  8. Sanjay137

Sanjay137 New Member

I do agree with the ADMINS and believe that the steps taken will ensure that P-V Club stands up to its name. I was wondering the same. The frequency and quantity of such posts have been increased in the past months. Also, ensuring that all the further posts will only be directly related to Photo & Video will increase the attention towards genuine requests made by the people dedicated to Photography/Video.

cassini likes this.
  9. cassini

cassini Legend

Yeah, guys! Let's stand up for the cause of the group / club. This is an exclusive group, and we don't want this club looking cheap. We do have a bunch of intelligent, genius and smart people in here. They could afford getting those label without posting it in here. And all in this group knows how to use the Photoshop or any Graphic Design software, why they do need all of those stuff such as like labels, stickers, scotch tape labels, mock up .psd and etc. Where they could build & create their own, right?

alxndr likes this.
  10. xiaoyuer

xiaoyuer Legend

Gold Member No Limit
    agree.

cassini likes this.
  11. alxndr

alxndr Veteran

No Limit
    I agree! All of the other sites such as GFXtra, etc, etc are very scammy and the people there often put viruses and the zips and this is the one place I have felt the things I download can be secure. I know I haven't been a member for the longest, but maybe a subsection exclusively for the graphics, mockups, and labels, etc can help keep each side to their own? Every once in a while, a photographer might need help with a realistic collage and will need paper textures or stickers, and every once in a while, a graphic designer may need photography LUTs and assets for a deal. Can we just work together and coexist? Even if we are more or less separate?

barhoomob and cassini like this.
  12. cassini

cassini Legend

@alxndr this is only an eye opener for everyone. However, the admins still has it's own final decision. And like you've said our main priority is that we need to eliminate oeople putting viruses in links and improper posting who don't really read house rules. Thanks.

13. moonwalker

moonwalker Legend

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    can't agree more with you. i feel, the next homework is to find the leakers among the Gold member (I know, it is a tough job for admin to do so).

But with your well-written statement, it indirectly shows the leakers dominated by accounts related to labels, mock-ups, .PSD templates in order to have a GOLD membership with their posts and post/sell the GOLD content in other platforms?

Astral and Ranjeetkumar like this.
  14. moonwalker

moonwalker Legend

if you remove their threads, will it affect the likes gotten from this removed thread? Will the likes be reduced as well after your remove the threads?

Ranjeetkumar likes this.
  15. bbrooks

bbrooks Legend

Lifetime Gold Trusted Gold Member No Limit
    I for one am glad to see us move back to a focus on just Photo/Video. Thank you @george and mods for all your hard work.

16. h1ghm1nd

h1ghm1nd p-v.club fan

Staff Member Lifetime Gold Trusted Gold Member No Limit
    Yes. The likes for that thread will be removed as well.

17. moonwalker

moonwalker Legend

thanks for the answer

18. xectonsa

xectonsa New Member

I have been lurking for a while here, and don't really post much, but over time I have found many great little gems (mainly Photoshop panels and Capture One styles). Great little club you have here :)

uppercut likes this.
  19. noblespark

noblespark New Member

Gold Member
    I really like this club, all helpful so far. Been a gold member for one month and just subbed for a further 2 months.

Thank you to the mods and creators alike.

J

C37_ likes this.
  20. Sanjay137

Sanjay137 New Member

I agree to this point. The Website was filled with Mock-Up Labels and all that stuff. It was hard to find genuine posts related to Photography and Videography.

Apart from this issue, I request the ADMINS and MODS @george @h1ghm1nd @vrdude to help us with instructions on how to renew the membership using the alternative payment methods available such as Bitcoins, etc. Honestly, I have never used Bitcoins and I am a bit skeptical. If you people can help us out with proper Membership Renewal instructions, It would be a great help to not only me but also many people who are not familiar with this mode of payment.