Relocating course suggestions?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by dinobytes, 11 Jan 2022.

1. dinobytes

dinobytes Gold

Gold Member No Limit
    I'll be moving my business thousands of miles away. Does anyone have course suggestions to help me with the transition?

2. Nikon4life

Nikon4life Legendary Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    I guess it depends in large part what / who your target clients is /are (??). There are tonnes of material on this forum with targets for each genre . . .

3. dinobytes

dinobytes Gold

Gold Member No Limit
    Hmm, true. I suppose portrait would fit best. I'm sure there *are* things already here, I'm just not sure what I'd search for
    Relocating with weddings would be pretty easy in regards to transition!

4. Nikon4life

Yeah, that's a tough one. Your work will speak for itself, it's just the whole process of re-establishing your client base. It's sort of hard to do the metrics of "word-of-mouth" when (re-)starting afresh. You've got to market according to your peers doing comparable work but add value-for-service without underselling yourself. Add to that you'll be the new "gun" in town - ya want to be cordial (there's always that sense of competition) but likewise don't want to piss any of your peers off . . . business is funny in that sense.

Hopefully someone responds who has recently moved and re-established their business. Already having a website or other comparable "portfolio" goes a long way to assisting that process; it's then just a matter of updating for the relocation.

5. dinobytes

dinobytes Gold

Gold Member No Limit

It's also needing to begin marketing and working on seo months in advance, before having an actual studio address.

A lot of what you mentioned relates to already being there but ideally I'll find resources I can begin to use before I start packing or sign my lease :) I'm planning (hoping) to get the seo ball rolling 3 months or so before our move!

But yes, hearing from someone who's been through this would be incredibly helpful!

6. Nikon4life

Best of luck to you! Hope you gather some useful nuggets of shared wisdom . . . :)