Samyang Lens Manager Dock Bricked Lens on Update

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bbrooks, 28 Dec 2022.

1. bbrooks

bbrooks Legend

Lifetime Gold Trusted Gold Member No Limit
    I was gifted a Samyang Lens Manager Dock and used it successfully to update my Samyang 85 1.4 FE. I then started to update my 35 2.8 FE and it failed. Now it won't recognize the lens and it won't work with my camera. Essentially, it is bricked. By chance, does anyone here have an older copy of the software? I'm using version 2.68. Samyang hasn't been any help at this point. Some solutions have suggested downgraded to older versions and it fixed it for them. It's not a lens I use often at all, but it's the principle of it.

2. alfern

alfern Veteran

Try this...

Open lens manager and connect your working 85 lens to the lens station (for recognition).

Click Lens Connect, as usual - detach the lens, without disconnecting in the software. Click lens connect button without the lens connected and then click disconnect.

Click lens connect and quickly click on the now available firmware update.
    Load firmware file (first rename the firmware file of the 35 to the one for your working and recognized 85 to fool it.), still without the lens connected - attach the broken 35 lens and click update. This may fool it to believe it's updating the 85.

You may have to click on lens connect - disconnect and connect again before clicking the update button. Fiddle around to with it

The dock should be disconnected and process closed down before attaching a new lens for update, as some seems to hang in memory.