Sharing your work

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by moonwalker, 31 Jul 2020.

1. moonwalker

moonwalker Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    Hi PVC Members,

We have to kill the old habit of just collecting tutorials.
    But beyond that, how about applying the massive knowledge that we got from this forum to the real piece of work (call it photographs, videos, film, music, design, etc).

Would love to see more of it in this forum, so we also can learn quicker with the inputs and feedbacks from other members.
    We may inspire others also with our works or sharing some behind-the-scenes and create a community more than just a sharing club.

Do we ever have a similar thread or topic to cater to this idea?

Let me know your opinion.

Cheers,
    moonwalker1985

2. Thunder

Thunder Legendary

Provided you leave water marking without disclosing your true identity! I like to think that would be orright.
    I wouldn't share something that has people in it, copy right n permission to post.. let alone revealing your identity.

moonwalker likes this.
  3. moonwalker

moonwalker Master

the watermarking will be under our user ID here.

My work mostly portraits, the copyright is on my own (personal project), model release always with me (i pay them for my personal project). Trying a new technique from the tutorial here and apply to the personal project.

But again, i feel not everyone is comfortable with this idea.
    So let's see how it goes.

4. Thunder

Thunder Legendary

Yep, indeed. I did ask few weeks back n was more or less told off.

moonwalker likes this.
  5. Jack Smith

Jack Smith Moderator

Staff Member Lifetime Gold Trusted Gold Member No Limit
    This question pops up once in a while, and as I have said in the past, I would strongly suggest against this.
    It's a suggestion, not an imposition, since I believe people should have the liberty to ruins their lives in any way they see fit.

Images can be easily traced back to the owner, either by a reverse image search or because embedded metadata.
    I have warned privately a couple of users who posted their own images (with an effect or technique applied to them for critique).
    Their images were cropped so as not to be able to use a reverse image search but had their website/name/phone number in the metadata.

One of those users was in the USA, and we know that the authorities over there take these matters very seriously, infringements that could lead users to huge fines, jail time or both.
    Authorities is Australia, Canada, and most of Europe behave similarly. The rest of the World... meh!

There are many, many, many places in the World Wide Web where you can post your images to show off, but, due to the nature of this site, I believe this is not one of them.

The alternative would be to use images found on the web for these purposes.

Just my 2 cents.

6. moonwalker

moonwalker Master

Good point and fair enough. So let this site be as it is then.

Thanks a lot for the enforcement..

Cheers

Ignat likes this.
  7. anonymeditor

anonymeditor Gold

No Limit
    [do not break the rules]

Last edited by a moderator: 20 Dec 2020
  8. anonymeditor

anonymeditor Gold

No Limit
    You right ! This isn't safest place in the web.
    [do not break the rules]

Last edited by a moderator: 20 Dec 2020
  9. Nikon4life

Nikon4life Legendary Master

As a group with similar interests - perhaps establish a base image (by vote or whatever would serve the purpose) - specifically one that showcases ones ability to retouch or perform a composition from multiple images (those are the only two relatively "safe" areas that immediately come to mind).

After this consensus of base image - opt in to work on it and set a deadline date for submission for review. Perhaps even vote on a favorite. Top choice could warrant a response to outline an explanation or summary of ones final process and the route one took to get there. To maintain anonymity - one could screen capture the final completion (and paste it as an image). This would significantly dilute the end product image - but the method behind the edit would be interesting to see. Keep in mind - this is only beneficial if the person offering an explanation can do so in a manner that's easy to understand. - - - if ya wanted to take it that far . . .

Also - it might be better to micro-focus on a particular process, provide a base example, and see various peeps processes explained and what/why for a particular image (I'm focusing on images in this particular example, but I imagine there is raw public footage and source files if one is interested in film/video). An example could be teeth whitening, blemish removal, color-toning, and on and on.

It's a moot point to show-off one's ability in this forum for establishing anything genuinely creative and currently existing without risking that which @Jack Smith identifies above - and he's 100% correct; I would NEVER post ANYTHING that I've made via a personal project or paid shoot within this forum - NEVER . . .

And one should never feel threatened by any member - whether it be due to ones perception of the elements in question or a little prick with an attitude - report the perp to the admins and present your case in question. Any forum worth membership can easyly validate and moderate to come to a somewhat mutual solution. And if that doesn't work - reverse troll that person (if it's of any soulless benefit or erosive daftness) like they're a tuna boat chumming minnows at sea . . .

moonwalker likes this.
  10. moonwalker

moonwalker Master

Well said.. Thanks for the comment

11. Philoryang

Philoryang Gold Nova

No Limit
    guys i am sure you guys are having a productive conversation can we not namedrop without any context?its really immature and childish

12. kidKudi

kidKudi Silver III

can anyway please suggest to me some places where I can share my work as a filmmaker/editor and to get to know other filmmakers from around the world. Thanks in advance.

13. Thunder

Thunder Legendary

Join FStoppers.com
    This is a good place to start at.

kidKudi likes this.
  14. Phakamile

Phakamile Gold

No Limit
    Perhaps a separate forum category where we could offer creative criticism for content we create from the tutorials learnt. i don't think watermarking is necessary. and hopefully content that isn't indexed on google.

15. kidKudi

kidKudi Silver III

much love fam!

Thunder likes this.
  16. Jack Smith

Jack Smith Moderator

Staff Member Lifetime Gold Trusted Gold Member No Limit
    I still don't understand why people insist on doing this on this website, out of the many, many, many places already specialized on doing just that, the possible risks far outweigh the negligible benefits (a minor ego trip?).

Doing this would be the equivalent of one of those "influencers" that kill themselves for by falling of the edge of a cliff for a handful of likes!

Nikon4life and (deleted member) like this.