Skillshare - Fundamentals of Cinematography: Three Techniques of Subjective Storytelling

Discussion in 'Video Tutorials' started by fatjo, 12 Jan 2023.

1. fatjo

fatjo Silver IV

No Limit
    https://www.skillshare.com/en/class...jective-Storytelling/9652786?via=user-profile

Learn how to engage your audience by telling the story subjectively, thorough the eyes of your main character.

I’m Piotr Złotorowicz, and I’m best known as a director and screenwriter, but I still remember the times when I was my own cinematographer. Since I went to Polish National Film School, I had the pleasure of working with many Directors of photography. The best ones use the camera mainly to mimic the perception of the main hero. You can recognize an excellent Cinematographer by his thought process.

In this inspiring 30-minute class, I’m going to walk you through the creative process of how to be intentional with your camera. How to quickly find the perspective of your main hero, so you can engage your audiences emotionally.

Key lessons include:

• Characteristics of an excellent DOP
    • 3 techniques of telling the story through your character
    • Simple tools to find visual metaphors
    • Questions you need to ask the director
    No need for fancy equipment, technical know-how or a large film crew; I’ll give you the knowledge that will allow you to walk onto a set and bring the scene to life in a most compelling way possible.

By the end of this class, you’ll have the confidence and inspiration to film your own story like a pro!

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by Gold Members(click for instructions) after they click 'Like'.**

Last edited by a moderator: 12 Jan 2023
  2. tab2020

tab2020 Silver IV

Gold Member No Limit
    link is for GM but there is no tag

3. synapse

synapse Silver III

Gold Member
    you have enough trophy points for gold ;)