Suggestion: GB Request Flair

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Complaints' started by mrlulhahhah, 8 Jan 2021.

1. mrlulhahhah

mrlulhahhah Silver IV

No Limit
    To help prominently show users which threads are GB requests, similar to how we have a GB flair currently. Because sometimes many users may want to participate but I think we're not able to give each effort the maximum potential to gain and attract seat participants.

2. Nikon4life

Nikon4life Legendary Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    I think I'm in some form of agreement with what you're saying (writing) - but I don't understand what you mean by "flair"
    IOW - I see the cake and want some - but can you describe the flavor . . . ;)

Last edited: 9 Jan 2021
  3. mrlulhahhah

mrlulhahhah Silver IV

No Limit
    Haha. So flair is like in the photo request board, the red "Request" beside the post title. GB say "Group Buy" in orange/yellow. So maybe for a GB Request, we have one that's another color to indicate that people are looking not for free stuff but to gather users for a GB. because right now, GB requests just say "Request" like a normal request and are easy to lose track of.

Don Corleone and Nikon4life like this.
  4. Nikon4life

Nikon4life Legendary Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    I definitely agree with this as a potential solution to at least provide up-front knowledge of the intent of acquiring the target material. This would eliminate the need to volley questions as to many now-present Requests transitioning into GB's and filtering out those only at the interest level (if provided for free - to them - not interested to committing to GB) - this would certainly expedite sales and subsequent sharing. But this may additionally place a greater load on those performing the oversight and associated logistics of final organizing - purchasing - DL - UL - transaction tracking - etc.

But I think it's a step in a good direction for the site as a whole . . .

5. Ruf1

Ruf1 New Member

Gold Member
    Yes!
    I’m always up for great content GBs, and it’s just frustrating to see that I could have contributed to something I was really, truly interested in, and now it’s too late to do so just because I missed that little, unique thread among the many (good ones) I had been browsing around.
    Anything that can make the GBs visibly outstanding and easily accessible would be beyond helpful, at least for me, and I’m sure many will agree.

redpando, Nikon4life and Leona95 like this.