Switched to MAC.. need some help.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Norbert, 11 Apr 2020.

1. Norbert

Norbert Silver III

Hey guys. I just recently switched to Mac from windows, and I am a total NOOB now... The only app I managed to get so far is Photoshop and Capture One.. Do you guys have a working CorelDRAW 2017 or newer app? Can't seem to find it anywhere...

2. lkngood

lkngood Global Elite

Lifetime Gold Trusted Gold Member No Limit
  3. Norbert

Norbert Silver III

I've spent 1h looking for torrent apps, because utorrent is not supported, and nothing worked. After installing and when it gave me the option to drag the torrent's icon to apps folder, it always had a crossed out circe. Now I have something called Folx.
    Is Radio Silence good as well? I found that on the forum. But I don't know how to add something like mac.jpegmini.com & gate.hockeyapp.net. This is my first Mac, so I don't know ANYTHING :)) ...
    It only allows me to block apps. Should I switch to Little snitch? You use cracked vesion or payed for it?

4. s_the_ghost

s_the_ghost Silver III

You're able to install uTorrent on Mac. You can download that here:
    https://www.utorrent.com/downloads/mac

What I'd recommend is maybe trying out a few youtube tutorials on the Mac UI to get a feel of how it goes! Once you get the hang of it, it's actually very simple and intuitive to use. I hate apple hardware but I've been building hackintoshes for ages now and I'd never be able to go back to Windows.

To block connections best app I can recommend is Little Snitch.

Good luck!

5. Norbert

Norbert Silver III

When I was using utorrent web, I was gtting 0 seeds and 0 leech ... For some reason utorrent couldn't load anything.. The site I have downloaded the torrents from reported 100 seeders, and still 0 / 0. Then after Folx app, download started just fine. But the UI is quite shit on Folx, I can't see completed on date, total upload and etc..
    I have the latest version of MacOS 10.15.4

It's the cracked apps that cause issues :))) That's why I am writing here. Some apps I downloaded wouldn't even start (like Cleanmymac from the forum.. automatic crash upon start).

6. grenice

grenice Legendary Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    Utorrent was the best for the mac but with the release of macOS Catalina isnt available anymore because its only 32bit binary and Catalina accepts only 64 bit apps. You may have to use Transmission as main torrent client.

https://transmissionbt.com

As an alternative to LittleSnitch you can use Lulu, it does a great job and its free to use.

https://objective-see.com/products/lulu.html

Norbert likes this.
  7. Norbert

Norbert Silver III

Also, any good site/forum for cracked mac apps? Seems like I need that Little Snitch and CleanMyMac..

8. grenice

grenice Legendary Master

9. Norbert

Norbert Silver III

Got Lulu, thanks for that. But that version (and the one above) always quit unexpectedly after dragging it to apps and starting it...

10. grenice

grenice Legendary Master

disable gatekeeper temporary.

Open terminal.app and type:

sudo spctl --master-disable

Read my signature also for more details.

11. Norbert

Norbert Silver III

Annnd for some reason the Corel from the first link pooped it's pants.. Working but the UI is messed up. Icons are too dark, some not showing up, empty buttons, etc.. The one grenice linked fails to install (when installation is almost complete, it giver failed to install..)
    Also learned that you can't generate barcodes from MAC version of corel, only windows.. WTF?! Why do that corel????

So far it's not a good start for mac :))

Any trusted sites where I can get more versions from? So I can test 2-3, until I find one that works :/