Tell us about your most recommended tutorials 2023

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by aileron747, 10 Apr 2023.

1. aileron747

aileron747 Silver IV

No Limit
    Based on this post: https://p-v.club/threads/tell-us-about-your-most-recommended-tutorials.6393/ which is created in 2019, and now it's 2023, I would like to know if you have found new interesting courses:) Maybe you found better courses. Or maybe you have followed more courses since 2019 so you can recommend really the good ones.
    So I will copy paste it from this post. Credits to Leona.

I'd like to start a thread where everybody can speak out loud by which tutorial you were impressed the most. What did you learn from it and why do you think it's a must to watch?

By this thread I hope we can help each other to find the best tutorials and all the hidden gems out there. You may also share your opinion on disappointing tutorials which where not worth watching and beware us from wasting our time.

Please give some additional information like...
    What's the genre (fashion / landscape / portrait / photoshop...)?
    What were your learnings exactly (posing people / how to use gear / luminosity masking in PS...)?

I hope you like the idea of this and keep sharing you thoughts

mr.c and Wally like this.
  2. curiousdude

curiousdude Gold

Gold Member No Limit
    I have to say that every.single.one. of Daniel Kordan's tutorials is a massive disappointment. He's such a destructive post-processor.

A tutorial I thought was excellent is Eric Bennett's new "Mindset" series. It's not a tutorial, per se, but an audio companion that you're meant to listen to when you're driving out to your shoots. He's a little wooden in his delivery but delivers some great food for thought in a digestible format.

3. petersan

petersan Gold

No Limit

Totally agree with you regarding Daniel Kordan's tuts.

I really enjoyed "Simplify" by Alex Noriega https://p-v.club/threads/alex-noriega-simplify.48002/

(Landscape genre here)

4. curiousdude

curiousdude Gold

Gold Member No Limit
    @petersan I liked that one, too (landscape genre, here, too). And it seems that my ability to quote reply has disappeared, so apologies for the mention instead.

5. meatsoup

meatsoup Gold

No Limit
    Have to agree - Daniel Kordan's tutorials are the worst. They have such a low production value, bad sound, numerous mistakes, etc. and his destructive workflow is really bad. The Lightroom "Masterclass" is a total joke, you basically don't learn anything useful if you know your way around the software already. I loved Elia's tutorials when he started to work with Fstoppers a couple of years ago but from the fourth tutorial he did with them, the PTW series went downhill and it's not worth wasting time on them anymore, imo.

6. mr.c

mr.c Gold Nova

Gold Member No Limit
    I like the thread. was a good idea to share feedback because then despite having provided some Daniel Kordan's courses I can save a lot of time and skip those ;-). I liked Benjamin Hardman, really unassuming professional. Especially to get in Lightroom a common look and feel was super helpful and understanding how he is doing slection / composition. Not too long the tutorial but I found it good. Will post it probably in Feb when I am back from travels.

7. meatsoup

meatsoup Gold

No Limit
    Sounds great, this has been requested for quite a while here and apparently, it now also includes a video about Lightroom 2023 and the AI features as well.

8. Jupiter

Jupiter Gold

Gold Member No Limit
  9. puppetwarp

puppetwarp Gold Nova

No Limit
    Yeah I really like Benjamin's minimalistic landscape images and his post processing.....that sounds really interesting.

For landscape B&W images I loved the Vulturelabs tutorial you posted....the workflow was pretty different from anything I had seen before and definitely worth a watch.

10. Petersmith12

Petersmith12 New Member

Gold Member
    The Magnum series have all been quite good with very good production levels

11. mr.c

mr.c Gold Nova

Gold Member No Limit
    Ha yes, forgot the Vulturelabs (there are even a whole bunch more), so yes! These I found useful as well. Too often I don't have the patience to do those "extended" editings.
    David duChemin I also forgot for me those instructors talking a bit of their philosophy I also very much like to understand the way they think/approach their subject(s).

Nikon4life and dofmaximus like this.
  12. dofmaximus

dofmaximus Master

Gold Member No Limit
    @mr.c will you post the other Vulturelabs tutorials when you return from travel?