Request The Brim Sucomo Pack 2

Discussion in 'Video Requests' started by untitledphoto, 17 Nov 2021.

1. MrSchneebly

MrSchneebly New Member

Have you converted to cineon colour space prior? Website said the LUTs expect cineon or ‘Linny’ colour space. Doing this in resolve to some Alexa footage using a CST and they’re not bad. Not great but some of them have a decent start. Still need some tweaking under the LUT. Hope that helps!

salleno likes this.
  2. Snook

Snook Master

Gold Member No Limit
    Actually just tried that and yes, better result but not great really. Nothing special or even close to some of their images on their website, which I figured before I even bought them.
    In Cineon they look "better" or at least "work". lmao
    I still cannot get over how good the CINEPRINT35 looks like that anything after that looks like shit in my opinion hahahaha
    Live and learn I guess. I did it mainly to help you guys out, so at least is a good thing.
    I will probably never use these really to tell you the truth,
    Thanks fro replying, I was wondering what others thought.

3. artform

artform New Member

Gold Member
    Like I said, probably it’s not for everyone ;) Personally me, I am using LUTS for my photography work, also, I’ve shot with RED and graded footage with the BRIM LUTS and achieved amazing results :) Also, https://www.instagram.com/renierra?igsh=MWg3MHlnZm40Z3YyMw==CEO and his photos graded with the Linny LUTS. AGAIN, not everyones taste maybe, but I LOVE it ;)

salleno likes this.
  4. MrSchneebly

MrSchneebly New Member

Yeah I agree. Incredibly expensive for what is a pretty basic lut pack. I’ve got more useful tools from mononodes and Juan melara than I ever have from a LUT pack. At least it was a cheap way to group buy and test out, but it’s as I expected really.

Snook likes this.
  5. artform

artform New Member

Gold Member
    How I use the Linny. Clean Linny VFX as a profile in Adobe Camera Raw to precess the RAW file (the profiles and recommended presets come supplied with the VFX kit). Color and luma noise reduction as well as sharpening turned off completely, minor temp adjustments applied with ACR before opening the processed image as a regular file in Photoshop and the print LUT applied via the Colour lookup Loader adjustments layer. That’s it… :)

salleno likes this.
  6. Snook

Snook Master

Gold Member No Limit
    Not for everyone or NOT for anyone LOL.
    I follow that guy on Instagram and he is NOT using Brim LUT's for his work. He is using Ektachrome FILM and doing reversal in the lab, I use to do that 20 years ago by the way. Not saying you cannot get good results, you can get results with out ANY Lut or starting from nothing.
    They are nothing special and TOO much has to be done or tweaked that have nothing to do with the base LUT's.
    But it is what it is...
    He just is the co-founder of BRIM

7. salleno

salleno Legendary

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    Using Cineon and Linny V3 for my workflow when needed. It produces great results for me.

Mainly using it for photography but my clients have been ecstatic with the results when I do use them.

It's definitely a unique aesthetic. Not worth their price but for what we paid, it's a great price.

untitledphoto and artform like this.
  8. Snook

Snook Master

Gold Member No Limit
    Ah so we have to buy another Linny LUT V3 for another 650.00 in order to properly use the LUT's we bought?
    hahahahahaha That makes total sense. :eek:
    It so Unique no one really buys them, That is why they ARE really unique. :D
    I have the Linny v.2.4 which is also garbage, but you let us know exactly how you do you workflow so at least we can try it out with V2.4 and these.
    Where on the node tee are you applying each one and what color space etc etc.
    Would be great to know and seems at least you could do us the courtesy maybe since we helped you and maybe @untitledphoto get the LUT's you all wanted.
    Thanks, at least might make me sleep better tonight LOL. Or I might just try to sell them to someone else if I cannot get them to work. Maybe someone with the Linny LUT V3 might want or need to trade them so we can get them to work properly..?
    Sounds like a win win for Both parties...

9. imteee

imteee Silver IV

No Limit
    I tried their previous version of Linny & SPK, I'd say it should expect a cineon output (in case you don't use linny or cinny transform lut as a complete workflow) to properly have a great starting point as those print luts are pretty contrasty

Snook likes this.
  10. artform

artform New Member

Gold Member
    Shall we do another GB for the Linny V3? I'm in! ;) AGAIN, thanks for organising the previous GB! A million thanks!

salleno likes this.
  11. salleno

salleno Legendary

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    There is one going on already...