Gold The Evocative Image (Andrew S. Gibson)

Discussion in 'Photo eBooks' started by Nikon4life, 18 Sep 2022.

1. Nikon4life

Nikon4life Legendary Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    The Evocative Image by Andrew S. Gibson

More Info HERE

File Format: PDF
    File Size: 9 MB
    Pub Date: 2011

upload_2022-9-18_0-47-16.png

upload_2022-9-18_0-48-26.png

Craft & Vision has just released their latest eBook: The Evocative Image by Andrew S. Gibson. It just came out today, so I haven’t had a chance to read all of it, but I really like what I’ve seen so far.

The subtitle for this new volume is “A Photographer’s Guide to Capturing Mood.” If you’ve attended one of my workshops, read my Digital Landscape Photography book, or looked at some of my critiques, you know that I place a lot of importance on mood in photographs. And I’ve thoroughly enjoyed Andrew’s previous eBooks on black-and-white photography, so I was anxious to read what he had to say about mood. So far, I’ve seen lots of interesting ideas, like this:

“One idea I’ve been exploring is that good photography (and moody images) is created on the ‘edges.’ Sunset and sunrise are edges—the border between night and day. Low light (many moody photos are taken in low light) is the edge between light and dark. The beach—one of my favourite places—is the edge between land and sea. A clearing storm is at the edge of rain and sun.

“There are edges in technique too. Try shooting at a shutter speed that is just a little too slow to get a sharp image. You’re at the edge between sharpness and blur, and exciting things can happen here.

“Wherever I look, more edges reveal themselves, and it’s at these edges that moody photographs happen.”

Nicely said. I hadn’t thought about “edges” in that way, but I certainly will now.

I look forward to reading the rest of the book, but I wanted to let you know about it as soon as possible, since for the first five days, until midnight February 28th, you can get this volume for only 4 dollars. Just use the code “EVOCATIVE4” on checkout. Or buy five Craft & Vision titles, including my December release, Light & Land: Landscapes in the Digital Darkroom, and get 20 percent off by using the code EVOCATIVE20. Here’s a link to the Craft & Vision site, where you can see excerpts from The Evocative Image, as well as all their eBooks.

It’s relatively easy to take a sharp, well-exposed photo with the latest digital cameras. But how do you take it a step further and capture an image that encompasses the mood you felt at the time? That was the excerpt in the first sentence of this great new eBook from Craft and Vision written by great Photographer Andrew S. Gibson.

The Evocative Image is an inspiring introduction to the processes and techniques specific to making photographs that express what we feel. With great examples, creative exercises, and insightful comments Gibson offers up his unique perspective on how he injects mood and atmosphere into his photographs.

This eBook will guide you, inspire you to produce not just a great beautiful photograph but most importantly it will guide you how you can make your picture evoke feelings and emotion, add mood to your photograph. You will learn how by choosing to shoot at a different time of the day will change the mood in the photograph. How to selectively pick your angle or your subject will make a huge difference in your photograph.

It fills with great photograph and beautifully written by Andrew S. Gibson and definitely will inspire you to make a great picture that really touch our feelings. It is not just for landscape photographers but also for portrait and travel photographers, everyone will get the benefit from this eBook and it will definitely change our photographic perspective and hopefully with the inspiration we can become a better photographer expressing our feeling to produce an evocative image.

Mirror below . . . ;)

Last edited: 12 Apr 2024
  2. Coraline

Coraline Gold Nova

Gold Member No Limit
    diosdado and Wally like this.