The Photographer's Ephemeris - Align landmarks with the sun and moon for dynamic photographs

Discussion in 'Skillshare' started by Nikon4life, 30 May 2022.

1. Nikon4life

Nikon4life Legendary Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    The Photographer's Ephemeris - Align landmarks with the sun and moon for dynamic photographs
    with Stuart Nafey

More Info HERE

File SIze: 1.1 GB

upload_2022-5-30_9-3-8.png

The Photographer’s Ephemeris is an application that uses Google Maps to predict where the sun and moon will rise and set on any date, anywhere on earth. I demonstrate how to use TPE to align the sun or moon for a photo shoot, take you on location and process the images.

This is an excellent App and has many uses. Besides the above course - I regularly use it to plan / schedule shoots specific to scouted locations and time-of-day. If you have a phone and you're a photographer, look into how this App might fit in with your style . . . ;)

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**

2. dzinetokyo

dzinetokyo Silver III

Interesting description (notes in red). It is nice to see a PVC testimonial and a rec from the golden turtle. Any chance of a refresh? I assume the app is global and would work in Japan...

3. Wally

Wally New Member

Gold Member
  4. Nikon4life

Nikon4life Legendary Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    Sorry - Can't seem to find this at present. Perhaps if anyone can mirror. The site is now "Mobile" for computers and as well one can utilize the APP (it's like $10 or US-equivalent)
    Site is HERE

upload_2023-7-29_22-33-39.png
    The app allows the additional benefit from "framing" a particular angle based on your point of view (POV) relative to the subject / source light (i.e. sun) + any fill, etc. This really is an amazing tool for those shooting relatively planned shots; or even semi-planned shots if, for example, street photography at a particular location (with just the chance serendipitous moment of a passerby during that time-frame) . . . there are also loads of videos on YouTube (maybe start HERE) . . . and yes, the program is global in nature . . . ;):):)

dzinetokyo likes this.
  5. dzinetokyo

dzinetokyo Silver III

As usual, a more than complete answer. I assume that the app is only as good as the accuracy of the data, and I often wonder about the topographical data quality in Japan. On these islands, only about 30% is inhabitable due to the terrain, forests, etc. which means survey data can be pre-GPS based. Thanks for the link to the tutorial... I will absolutely give it a good look.

Nikon4life likes this.