The problem of getting likes through sharing good material

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Sgto Camion, 20 Aug 2021.

1. Sgto Camion

Sgto Camion Silver IV

No Limit
    A few weeks ago I invested in one of the important and expected workshops in the forum, and despite having benefited dozens of people, I still do not get the necessary likes to be gold. However I see collections of presets or actions from 4 or 5 years ago totally discontinued that go up little by little and get much more likes, this is because both likes buy the same but do not cost the same. I did a bad deal. Apparently the solution is to post low quality material
    Is it possible to find a way to encourage sharing of quality content?

overlays and mariana like this.
  2. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Master

Gold Member No Limit
    which workshops to be precise bro? I think It depend on the genre of the workshop and most people want the easy way out, so the presets and actions, that doesnt mean all presets and actions are good or bad, for me personally I have like hundreds of camera raw presets which never work on single application, but when mixed them in lower opacity and blend ifs, but you have to know them, other than I only use frequency separation action which I develop with layers I need for my type of work, most action seems not to work or rather manually do it on my own, they just create a bunch of layers in which for me its R5 or 5DSR 16bit 40-50 megapixel photoshop files which consumes too much ram and hangs photoshop a lot. Just my thoughts.

3. lkngood

lkngood Supreme Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    Which workshop did you post?

4. Sgto Camion

Sgto Camion Silver IV

No Limit
    milky Way Family Retreat 2021

lkngood likes this.
  5. shanelllio

shanelllio Silver IV

You can't compare a recent post to an old one likes-wise. If you check other recent Gold threads, they don't have as many likes as older threads. It also depends on the content, most can only do 20 likes per 24 hours so they go for what they're looking for first.

You'll definitely get more likes if it's not Gold:)

6. Sgto Camion

Sgto Camion Silver IV

No Limit
    Thats the point. I need share more Florabella actions, always will be new people trying ps actions

7. lkngood

lkngood Supreme Master

Alot of florabella actions on here...be sure you don't duplicate. :)

Sgto Camion likes this.
  8. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Silver III

Didn't someone gift you one Gold month in that thread?

9. Nikon4life

Nikon4life Legendary Master

It's definitely a process to establishing initial likes and building upon them toward a goal of hitting that 10K mark. Non-Gold items like magazines and various other books are a path to slow but steady accumulation - but remember that the longer a post is here, one needs to assure the links are active and as new members join - interest builds. ( But probably not at any great rate due to those point that @shanelllio makes. As an aside, I believe there is consensus building leaning toward refraining from posting material like e-books and routine mags that can be attained from other "common" sites; this will establish itself as time goes on.

A quality share will root itself out as time and members find the share; and a correlation can always be drawn between what one defines non-quality today may become top-notch following ancillary or requisite exposure; this also goes the other way too. I never really understood pre-sets (perhaps limited to their ability to reflect a particular style of someone you respect) - but try to grapple with the initial knowledge of learning the 'hows and whys" {I find that to be the preferential approach}

Your post is good and already has 80-something likes - I'll be adding to that when I finish organizing my HDs - and gifting a Gold month always is a deep appreciation for ones efforts . . .

Last edited: 22 Aug 2021
    Mr.Adel and vino like this.
  10. Mr.Adel

Mr.Adel Silver III

I have a similar problem. I revive dead downloads. Sometimes, this is very difficult to do. I have to find and upload large files. Some of them have GOLD status. Therefore, my posts may not be liked by all members. As a result, I share good materials, but I cannot download the materials that I need.