Gold The Visual Toolbox ~ 60 Lessons for Stronger Photographs (Voices That Matter) - David duChemin

Discussion in 'Photo eBooks' started by anonzzz, 19 Aug 2018.

1. anonzzz

anonzzz Moderator

Staff Member Lifetime Gold Trusted Gold Member No Limit
    [PDF,EPUB] The Visual Toolbox ~ 60 Lessons for Stronger Photographs (Voices That Matter) - David duChemin

9uwLMUT.jpg

Simply having a certain camera or lens isn’t going to make you a better photographer. So, what will? Understanding your camera. Thinking differently. Studying photographs and knowing what they provoke in you, and why. Giving the craft time to grow. Looking to painters, designers, and others who work in two dimensions and learning from them. Relentlessly looking for light, lines, and moments. Making photographs–thousands and thousands of photographs. There’s no magic bullet to achieving success, but in these pages you will learn the value of studying, practice, and remembering that your most important assets as an artist are imagination, passion, patience, receptivity, curiosity, and a dogged refusal to follow the rules.

THE VISUAL TOOLBOX is photographer David duChemin’s curriculum for learning not just how to use a camera–but how to make stronger photographs. He has developed 60 lessons, each one a stepping stone to becoming more proficient with the tools of this art, and the means to create deeper visual experiences with your images. David introduces you to the technical side of the craft but quickly moves on to composition, the creative process, and the principles that have always been responsible for making great photographs; he shows you these principles and invites you to play with them, turn them on their heads, and try a different approach to create beautiful, compelling images with your camera.
    • Features action-oriented micro-chapters designed to improve your photography immediately
    • Includes explanations of 60 concepts with an assignment for nearly every chapter
    • Covers such topics as balance, using negative space, exploring color contrast, waiting for the moment, learning to incorporate mood and motion, and much more
    Biography
    David duChemin is a humanitarian photographer, best-selling author, adventurer, and advocate of the intentional creative life.

David duChemin is a world & humanitarian assignment photographer, best-selling author, digital publisher, and international workshop leader whose nomadic and adventurous life fuels his fire to create and share. Based in Victoria, Canada, when he's home, David leads a nomadic life chasing compelling images on all 7 continents.

When on assignment David creates powerful images that convey the hope and dignity of children, the vulnerable and oppressed for the international NGO community. When creating the art he so passionately shares, David strives to capture the beauty of the natural world.

David's travel has taken him through winters in Russia and Mongolia, a summer on the Amazon, spending time among nomads in the Indian Himalayan and remote Northern Kenya. He's done assignment work in Ecuador, El Salvador, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Ethiopia, Malawi, DRC, Rwanda, Uganda, Bangladesh, among others, and pursued personal work in places like Iceland, Antarctica, Tunisia, Cuba, Vietnam, Kenya, and Italy.

David's work and blog can be found at Davidduchemin.com.

REVIEWS

This book is more helpful than most of the online photography workshops I've taken and for a FRACTION of the price. I adore David duChemin's writing, and actually bought this as an ebook about a year ago, but having it in paper form is just so nice. He also improved it since the ebook version, with more chapters and an even better layout. I love the exercises and his writing. If I were to teach a photography class, I would make all my students buy this book and we'd use it as a text. The best thing about it, is that it works at any experience level. I used it when I was still learning the exposure triangle and just starting to shoot in manual mode. And now that I've been comfortable in manual for a year, I still find this book really inspiring and challenging. You won't be disappointed with this book.
    ---
    I've been photographing events, sports, weddings, portraits, landscapes, macro,... since the 60's. Even taught photography and darkroom for over a decade. This would have been a great book to have had 45 years ago. Very practical. Many of the insights and lessons here I learned through the years and used teaching. This helps the photographer rethink the mundane.
    ---
    A terrific book! This is for artists who want to improve their photography. A guide to help yourself improve your photographic eyes. I read it through once, now it's time to work through the lessons. I start a lot of books and finish some. This one I finished and want to read again. Highly recommended for anyone who loves making photographs and would make photographs whether anyone else is looking or not.

REFERENCE
    https://www.amazon.com/Visual-Toolbox-Lessons-Stronger-Photographs-ebook/dp/B00UZ9K1LY

DOWNLOAD
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**

Last edited: 3 Jul 2021
  2. 203delta

203delta New Member

thank you

3. Nikon4life

Nikon4life Legendary Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    [mod edit: OP's link is working]

Last edited by a moderator: 4 Jul 2021
    Jupiter, Tmain, svarog17 and 26 others like this.
  4. stevestone

stevestone Legendary

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    [mod edit: OP's link is working]

Last edited by a moderator: 4 Jul 2021
    Jupiter, Annie, Robert and 4 others like this.
  5. anonzzz

anonzzz Moderator

Staff Member Lifetime Gold Trusted Gold Member No Limit
    I have re-uploaded it and updated the link. :)

Fearless likes this.
  6. onebrightspark

onebrightspark Silver I

Gold Member
    Dead link :-(

7. nefuk

nefuk Gold

No Limit
    Mirror:

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**

8. onebrightspark

onebrightspark Silver I

Gold Member
    That is awesome thank you :)

nefuk likes this.
  9. Lugee

Lugee Gold Nova

Gold Member No Limit
    nefuk likes this.