Request The Wandering DP: The Complete Playbook Series Bundle

Discussion in 'Video Requests' started by curiousdude, 3 Jul 2024.

1. curiousdude

curiousdude Gold Nova

Gold Member No Limit
    https://wanderingdp.teachable.com/p/the-playbook-series-bundle

5Uu4DgV.jpg

A Cinematography System: The Playbook Approach
    A Technical Approach to Modern Imagery

A NEW SYSTEM FOR CINEMATOGRAPHY
    UNLOCK YOUR POTENTIAL WITH A PROVEN APPROACH
    kNhqhzZUSb2UAdiL5N0Z.png

This course explores the proprietary system I've developed for my own use as a working cinematographer.

The material included is a direct result of my years of trial and error on set condensed into an easy to follow system that will allow students to replicate my results.

Does every DP use this system?

Definitely not.

Does every DP use a system?

Absolutely (whether they can verbalize their personal system is irrelevant).

For the past number of years I have endeavoured to crystalize my exact process so that I could pass it on and produce consistent results.

What decisions are the most important to the end look of a project? What key factors make the biggest impact to a production? How do I work as efficiently as possible to allow the crew around me to perform at their best?

In time I began to notice patterns in the work which led to the development of a universal system that encompasses my personal approach to cinematography.

This course is the first time I am sharing this system publicly.

WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
    GET BETTER MORE CONSISTENT RESULTS IMMEDIATELY
    kNhqhzZUSb2UAdiL5N0Z.png

Across eight distinct course stages, you’ll learn all about:
    • The benefits of having a system: Why have a system in the first place and how do you structure the decision tree to help maximize the effectiveness of your choices.
    • Understand Inputs, Processes, and Outputs: To leverage the work we do on our own we need to realize the components that are key to our success.
    • Knowing Your Options and more: I'll teach you how I breakdown scenes, look for areas that can contribute to a visual approach, and then put those ideas into practice on set.
    • How to avoid disappointment: A cinematographer needs to know the options they have available to them and the more options we have to choose from the better we can adapt a scene to what our mind's eye can see.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

A Cinematography System: The Playbook Approach - Volume II
    The Ultimate Guide to Blocking & Coverage

kNhqhzZUSb2UAdiL5N0Z.png

Welcome to the second instalment of the Cinematography System: A Playbook Approach.

This course is the ultimate resource for cinematographer's looking to take their images to the next step.

Cinematography is a uniquely complex art form that requires practice, study, and dedication to be able to operate at the highest level and the system that I teach in this course is what I have used more than anything to help fast track my abilities behind the lens.

It may seem as though there are an infinite number of scenarios and set ups that a director of photography may come up against across the span of their career but there are only five. Understanding this fact and then learning how to leverage the power that comes along with it will greatly improve your ability to preform efficiently on set and in pre-production.

The techniques presented in this course are the exact same techniques I use day in and day out on set as a working cinematographer. This is not a course full of secret settings and lighting solutions you might use once a year. The material in this course lays the foundation for every image you will ever play a part in creating. Learn to master these techniques and you will become a better cinematographer regardless of the location, the equipment, the crew or any other factor.

This is a complete system for building every shot, every sequence, every story on top of. I couldn't be more excited to get this content out in the wild as I have never shared this material before.

WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
    Become a Blocking & Coverage Maestro
    kNhqhzZUSb2UAdiL5N0Z.png

• The Benefits a System: Why have a system in the first place and how do you structure the decision tree to help maximize the effectiveness of your choices.
    • Blocking Best Practices: You can't light what you can't block. Learn what the best way to orient the camera to the talent is to put yourself and the production in the best possible position to succeed.
    • Know Your Options: The job of a cinematographer is to translate the director's vision from the text on the page to the images on the screen. Learn all of the options available to you regardless of the location or equipment and decide for yourself what direction the project should go in.
    • Predict the Future: It is a cinematographer's job to look in to the future and see any potential issues that might appear because of decision being made by cast and crew. You need to be aware of all of the possibilities so you can make informed decisions and become an asset for any production.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

A Cinematography System: The Playbook Approach - Volume III
    The Foundation of Filmmaking

kNhqhzZUSb2UAdiL5N0Z.png

Welcome to the third volume of the Cinematography System: A Playbook Approach.

This course lays out the exact playbook that I use as a cinematographer day in and day out on all of my projects.

I am sharing this material for the first time ever and I am excited to finally be able to share these concepts to students around the world.

Early in my career I began to notice a pattern of scenes or set ups that I was asked to shoot time and time again. From these observations I set out to construct a system that would allow me to develop looks and problem solve potential issues well before I ever stepped on set. It was developing this ability to see in to the future that really accelerated my skills and allowed me to fast track my career.

In time that system grew to what it is today and it forms the foundation for how I approach every project. It is the bedrock of my cinematography.

In this course I am sharing what I believe to be the most complex of all set ups. In my system I refer to it as the Dining Room Table scene.

Anytime you have more than 3 people in a scene things can get very complicated very quickly.

How much coverage do we need? What is the best way to get the wide? How should the actors be positioned relative to one another/relative to the camera?

These questions may sound simple but once you start to dissect the scene they can become incredibly complex. If you want to succeed you have to get the basics right and in this course I will show you a system for ensuring you have everything covered.

You will never view blocking, framing, or cinematography the same.

WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
    Become a Blocking & Coverage Maestro
    kNhqhzZUSb2UAdiL5N0Z.png

• The Benefits a System: Why have a system in the first place and how do you structure the decision tree to help maximize the effectiveness of your choices.
    • Overhead Lighting vs. Outside Lighting: There are two ways to light a scene with multiple people in it. One is used vastly more frequent than the other. Do you know which is which and why you should use one over the other?
    • The Concept of the Circle: Blocking talent relative to the camera's position is absolutely imperative to help you set the stage to get the most out of your lighting tools. The concept of the circle will help keep you on track for quality images no matter what the location is.
    • Predict the Future: It is a cinematographer's job to look in to the future and see any potential issues that might appear because of decision being made by cast and crew. You need to be aware of all of the possibilities so you can make informed decisions and become an asset for any production.

Last edited: 3 Jul 2024
    osho and sebastiano like this.
  2. thedop

thedop New Member

Gold Member
  3. rosemiroventosul

rosemiroventosul New Member

4. khabibos

khabibos Silver IV

No Limit
  5. osho

osho New Member