Request TheBrim® SUCOMO™ LinnyPipeline for ARRI

Discussion in 'Video Requests' started by vampirexox, 4 Aug 2024.

1. vampirexox

vampirexox New Member

Anyone up for GroupBuy of TheBrim Sucomo V3 LinnyPipeline for Arri?

Advanced SUCOMO™ (Subtractive Color Model) Linny LUT Kit for ARRI LogC3 as well as the new LogC4 color science, with LinnyVFX included.

Learn more about SUCOMO™ color science here and about LinnyVFX here.

USEFUL TIPS:

• Apply exposure changes before/underneath the LUT. We advise only affecting luminance with these exposure changes without changing the saturation levels or chrominance levels.
    • In the case of Out-of-Gamut / Edge-of-Gamut colors, correct either the color saturation level or luminance level of that specific color before/underneath the LUT.
    • For general best performance and in case of "banding" or other artifacts within DaVinci Resolve, switch to an appropriate LUT interpolation algorithm. You can do this in DaVinci Resolve by going to "Settings" then to the "Color Management" tab, under "3D Lookup Table Interpolation," switch to "Tetrahedral."
    • If you are using Linny VFX for processing photographic work, we suggest shooting RAW and processing the images with the supplied ACR/Lightroom presets for the highest possible performance.
    Current Version: SUCOMO 3.0

LINK

Last edited: 28 Aug 2024
    Dcphoto likes this.
  2. salleno

salleno Legendary

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    You joined mine, so I'll join yours. :)

vampirexox likes this.
  3. vampirexox

vampirexox New Member

Just need 7 more of us to make this happen.

1. Vampirexox
    2. Salleno
    3. MrSchneebly

Last edited: 28 Aug 2024
  4. salleno

salleno Legendary

To sweeten this..all members of the group buy will receive an exclusive ACR/Lightroom pack from me.

untitledphoto likes this.
  5. vampirexox

vampirexox New Member

6. MrSchneebly

MrSchneebly New Member

Count me in!

7. Snook

Snook Master

Gold Member No Limit
    If someone is able to accept Crypto I might be able to chip in. Bc My PayPal account is not working and not sure when it will be working again.
    I am also still confused what this group buy and the one you already apparently bought is. And which would actually be "better" or useful to me. I tried some of the older Sucomo Let's and they are OK but I find the CINE PRINT actually pretty amazing and not really sure the price of these here are even worth it. Might be better off buying the hacked Film Box hack for almost the same price and seems much more flexible..

imteee likes this.
  8. vampirexox

vampirexox New Member

These are the pipeline luts, which is Log to Log conversion of Arri Log C3 and C4 material. You add the SPKs version on top of it. There is Linny + Print (rec709/srgb) conversion LUTs also included, which replicates Kodak emulation.

9. tomlead

tomlead Gold

No Limit
    ahhhh I rather get the print kits then the "one" alexa lut

10. imteee

imteee Silver IV

No Limit
    Filmbox is soon to be my end all be all once I've figured out a way for payment because those who sell the "cracked" version on taobao only use domestic bank acc

Last edited: 9 Aug 2024
  11. vampirexox

vampirexox New Member

I've used Filmbox for more than a year, professionally. Both as on-set monitoring solution and post-production. Their halation is the only great aspect I find, beyond that, it's a very very limited plugin. Yes, it works out of the box. But it doesn't really let you unwind yourself as an artist. Trust me when I say this, but Linny with SPKs just works. But you need to know what you're dealing with.

imteee likes this.
  12. vampirexox

vampirexox New Member

Sure.

13. tomlead

tomlead Gold

No Limit
    I haven't used filmbox but i use linny and the first implementation(first 5 they released) of the SPKs and i will say this is 100% accurate. it just works and you can really dial in and get beautiful colors if you understand what you're doing.

14. MrSchneebly

MrSchneebly New Member

Are you guys using the Linny SPKs within Lightroom or Resolve? I've downloaded them but struggling to implement them properly in Resolve, I'm guessing because I'm having issue getting them into the correct colour space before going into the Linny SPK LUTs. Any advice would be appreciated!

15. Snook

Snook Master

Gold Member No Limit
    Can you post your workflow? We bought the SPK kit in the group buy and not really getting the results even close to even "good"?
    Thanks!

untitledphoto likes this.
  16. Snook

Snook Master

Gold Member No Limit
    Your workflow? We just purchased the Newest SPK kit and I find them quite boring to useless.

17. artform

artform New Member

Gold Member
    Count me in, please! :);):eek:

18. MrSchneebly

MrSchneebly New Member

I'm going to back out of the GB I'm afraid!

19. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Master

TBH I use filmbox on daily basis, yeah everybody will be biased to their own products that they love. But I dont get the logic when you say the plugin is limited compared to a lut pack. I think the plugin has more options than a lut, its has vibrance and contrast, 3 ways to change the impact of how you want the effect to be - full, standard and extended. Not to mention a split toning section, it maybe functionaly limited but it's there. And an option to change or manage the output color space which will need one more CST if your using lut. And controls for grain and halation. I tried the brim from past release, I tried using it but found it lacking. Now its there in the pile of unused luts and preset. You can search for brim's uses on youtube and get like 5 videos, pretty dated ones. If you search for filmbox I think you will get the gist. Darren, Team2Films, Cullen, mononodes etc mostly everyone on Youtube's color grading space has somehow filmbox installed but havent talk or said anything:cool:, when I asked they wont talk since its some kind of secret sauce to tie everything together. So say whatever you want, my main combo now is Filmbox + Scatter + Contour (the newly released Cullen's plugin)

imteee likes this.
  20. MrSchneebly

MrSchneebly New Member

What's your opinion of Contour? Just seen him release it will have to give it a try.