Triune Digital - Hipster Presets for Lightroom

Discussion in 'Lightroom Presets' started by salleno, 25 Nov 2022.

1. salleno

salleno Legendary

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    [​IMG]

HIPSTER LUTS INCLUDES:
    • 35 LUTs inspired by some of our favorite hipster films - Napoleon Dynamite, Birdman, The Breakfast Club, The Big Lebowski, The Grand Budapest Hotel, Requiem for a Dream, Girl Interrupted, Edward Scissorhands, and so many more!!!​
    ENJOY!

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**

Last edited: 25 Nov 2022
  2. Snook

Snook Master

Gold Member No Limit
    You have posted a ton of presets today, but no info on them, are these and most of your uploads the older Lightroom presets or are they ACR .xmp files which can now be used in Photoshop raw swell..
    I do not use Lightroom and hate the older presets extensions as it is a PIA to convert to ACR
    Thanks!
    PS***** I found it but it would be nice if you added this info to your description please!!
    This it what is Suppose to be in the folder, BUT your share only comes with the .xmp files, there are NO .cube LUT's,COSTYLE files or any others by the way.
    THESE ARE NOT LUT's THEY ARE Presets for Lightroom or Photoshop!

HIPSTER LUTS INCLUDES:
    • 35 LUTs inspired by some of our favorite hipster films - Napoleon Dynamite, Birdman, The Breakfast Club, The Big Lebowski, The Grand Budapest Hotel, Requiem for a Dream, Girl Interrupted, Edward Scissorhands, and so many more.
    • Alexa, REDLog, Blackmagic, Canon C-Log, V-Log L, S-Log2, S-Log3, Standard LOG and .rec709 versions of each LUT.
    • Utility LUTs.
    • .CUBE, .3DL, .XMP, . LOOK, .VLT, and .COSTYLE
    • .PDF Instruction Guide for install and use.

giogio200 and e.ostman like this.
  3. salleno

salleno Legendary

Choosy beggar....

The .xmp presets are made using the LUTs. If you don't like the description, then you're free not to download it. Simple as that.

The folder within the download is described as LUTs for Lightroom so that's how I labeled it and it's in the title.

4. Snook

Snook Master

Gold Member No Limit
    I appreciate the share but you are incorrect, even on their site it says it comes with .cube which are actual LUT's for Video my friend. You can call whatever you want but a LUT is NOT for photography and is known for film/video.
    They either ripped you off or where ever you got it from mislabeled like you did.
    These are a folder of XMP files for photoshop or Lightroom and do NOT work on video which is what a LUT is for. They have NOTHING to do with LUT's which are .cube. period.
    If you would have attached the link to the site, Like you should have by the rules of posting, you, I and everyone could see what these are.
    You might want to look at the site where these are sold and see for your self what is included in this pack.
    When you figure out how these files you shared work with the following programs they state on their website, you let us all know how to do it..
    **** FROM THEIR SITE****
    COMPATIBLE WITH
    • Adobe Photoshop (CS6 and +)
    • Adobe Lightroom Classic (7.3 and +)
    • Adobe After Effects (CS6 and +)
    • Adobe Premiere Pro (CS6 and +)
    • Avid Media Composer (7 and +)
    • DaVinci Resolve
    • CyberLink ColorDirector 4
    • Final Cut Pro X
    • Sony Vegas
    • Affinity Photo
    • HitFilm 4 Pro
    • Wondershare Filmora
    • LumaFusion (iOS)
    • and more

https://www.triunedigital.com/products/hipster-luts

avax likes this.
  5. Snook

Snook Master

Gold Member No Limit
    PS> Apparently they are supposed to come COSTYLE which work with CaptureOne and ONLY CaptureOne which .XMP files do not work.
    This Pack should come with .XMP files and all the others I listed Below.
    I Put in BOLD what should be in there and what is an actual LUT.
    If you had the PDF that also should come with it, I am sure it would state the same exact thing I am explaining to you.:cool:
    RE: LUT's which stands for LOOK UP TABLE and are mostly .CUBE files or .3DL Files Do NOT work in Lighroom

HIPSTER LUTS INCLUDES:
    • 35 LUTs inspired by some of our favorite hipster films - Napoleon Dynamite, Birdman, The Breakfast Club, The Big Lebowski, The Grand Budapest Hotel, Requiem for a Dream, Girl Interrupted, Edward Scissorhands, and so many more.
    • Alexa, REDLog, Blackmagic, Canon C-Log, V-Log L, S-Log2, S-Log3, Standard LOG and .rec709 versions of each LUT.
    • Utility LUTs.
    • .CUBE, .3DL, .XMP, . LOOK, .VLT, and .COSTYLE
    • .PDF Instruction Guide for install and use.

6. salleno

salleno Legendary

I'm aware. I've shared many LUTs before, some even custom made by myself. I have them all but I think I'll just stick to sharing the xmp files now. I was going to share the ones for video and capture one but not anymore.

Enjoy the xmp's.

EDIT: for anyone reading this...LUTs do work in Lightroom and Photoshop, you just need to know how.

Last edited: 26 Nov 2022
  7. Snook

Snook Master

Gold Member No Limit
    "for anyone reading this...LUTs do work in Lightroom and Photoshop, you just need to know how."
    Correct but makes no sense at all when you have XMP.
    And you did not share LUT's so what's the point?
    Like I stated in my original post, I appreciate your share but was just stating the obvious that it was not the LUT's you shared but the xmp files and your title was misleading, which apparently you got offended and you tried to explain they were LUT's or whatever Which they are not. Many here, like myself, look for LUT's for video apps and xmp cannot be used and not everyone knows or wants to go through the process of converting through photoshop to actual .cube LUT's.

8. bajanstefan

bajanstefan Silver III

Gold Member
    This ain't the post-Thanksgiving energy I expected to see on here.

9. Snook

Snook Master

Gold Member No Limit
    I am guessing you got this from PSD LY which is the same exact share, folder and folder name which also only has the XMP presets and NOT the LUT"s or another other profile that should be in the folder. So I guess that is also why you were not and will not be able to share the other files that should be in the folder.. :eek:

Last edited: 27 Nov 2022
  10. Snook

Snook Master

Gold Member No Limit
    This is what a real package should look like if it has LUT's
    Screen-Shot-2022-11-27-at-11-15-03-PM.png
    This is from a real Package PDF from TRIUNE
    Screen-Shot-2022-11-27-at-11-12-50-PM.png

11. salleno

salleno Legendary

That's indeed what it looks like. I just chose to share the xmp files only.

12. Snook

Snook Master

Gold Member No Limit
    Comment taken back!

Last edited: 29 Nov 2022
  13. salleno

salleno Legendary

Screenshot-2022-11-29-030158-Copy.png

14. salleno

salleno Legendary

I'm sure they got it from me...

This isn't the first time I share something first and it ends up on some leecher site.

15. Snook

Snook Master

Gold Member No Limit
    Could be they usually get stuff from here. The ones I posted above were from my purchase, I bought them. I found the all Hipster ones already from somewhere else and have all of them, I do see you put Presets for Lightroom in your original post title which is actually correct.
    Like I said, I appreciate you posting, I was just informing you that for 99% of the photography and video world, LUT's are for video and are .cube which are not easily used in photoshop and in "general" are for video color work.
    Even Triune states that in their PDF but for some reason call all their folders "LUT's" which I can see how you may have posted it since they also "incorrectly" name their folders.
    Have a good one and no hard feelings.:cool:

salleno likes this.
  16. salleno

salleno Legendary

I usually just write what the seller's write.

I have purchased these as well as most of the stuff I have shared on here. Sometimes, I'll even custom tailor some LUTs for better white point and black point contrast. It sucks when you then see them for sale on a leecher sites.

17. Snook

Snook Master

Gold Member No Limit
    I agree, But it is hard to stop leaks. I never share anything from here and only share here things I find on other sites that are usually "hard" to find or that I have actually purchased.
    Again, I may have been harsh in my comments, so do not take it personally.
    I just hate when people call xmp LUT's. but no biggie. You were correct bc the original site also calls them that for some odd reason.

18. Puterboy1

Puterboy1 Gold

No Limit
    Any plans to update your upload with the LUTs, 3DLs and all that other stuff?

19. Snook

Snook Master

Gold Member No Limit