upload anouncement list

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Complaints' started by wiebenik, 6 Mar 2019.

1. wiebenik

wiebenik Gold Nova

No Limit
    i whas thinking that an anouncement list would be handy. I have a slow connection but plenty files. So i tought that an anouncement list would be handy to let other people know "hey i am uploading this or i am planning to upload this i an a day". An anouncement should be uploaded in a time frame of 6 hours, handy for big files.

2. wagaboo

wagaboo Gold Nova

No Limit
    Personally, I think it would clutter up the group but that's just my opinion :)

3. vrdude

vrdude Moderator

Staff Member Gold Member No Limit
    Other have done before to avoid dupe uploading at the same time. just make a new post with all the info, proper title, cover image, info, link to where it selling, AND where you would post the download link, state "UPLOADING" then replace it with the actual link once done.

besure it is not on here already, otherwise it will be delete for being a duplicate.

wiebenik likes this.
  4. wiebenik

wiebenik Gold Nova

No Limit
    thats avery good idea thank you so much. it save a lot of time than if a dupe is being uploading:)

5. cassini

cassini Master

Trusted No Limit
    And another thing compacted.rar files should be on photo effects only not on training module/tutorials, I would like to suggest for compacted.rar files are very hard to download esp. for people with a standard internet connection. I would humbly suggest uploading modules of training not to .zip or .rar the files, just remain as is where is. Or if it's coming from the creator, please do care to explode them like a usual training module by folders and them upload them up in Mega or any. As much as possible, only the Photo Effects should be on zipped/rar files. Because of look at the end of it, if anyone got a difficulty on uploading tutorials what will be for the people who will able to download what you have uploaded, right? Were also be taking time too, esp. with low internet connection like us.

Like this for example, would anyone be able to download it right away?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 6 Mar 2019
  6. Gwyneth

Gwyneth Gold Nova

No Limit
    From a technical point of view for downloading there is no difference between archives and video. Different algorithms are used, but inside this is just a stream of data. I never seen difference in speed of download for rar-archives or video file.
    And sometimes there are restrictions on the file size, for example, you can not upload a file more than 2 GB. Then the only way is to create several smaller archives. Also in the case of a bad Internet, it is easier to download several small files than one huge, especially if resume function is not available.

7. cassini

cassini Master

Trusted No Limit
    Actually @Arelin , there are more than 2GB that's why I am screaming out for hell. Why they did come up compressing/zipping the files. I dunno, why they do that when it happens it almost the same thing when you upload uncompressed/compressed only half a fraction of minutes of difference. And guess what I'm dowloading 6.6GB right now, and it really sucks. Because, I take it off my PC, when I am out, I never left my PC unattended. Just to prevent over usage and get back again when I came back.

Last edited: 7 Mar 2019
  8. vrdude

vrdude Moderator

One thing I have noticed is by downloading one file at a time I sometimes don't experience 5 GIG limits. But if I use MegaSynch to batch download I will hit the limit everytime. Maybe someone can confirm..... So ideally for me is 1 gig chunk for packages over 5 gigs.

9. convectuoso

convectuoso Moderator

Staff Member Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    Personally hate compressed files of any sort.

cassini likes this.
  10. anonzzz

anonzzz Moderator

Staff Member Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    Compression is only useful if there are lots of very small files that will slow down the download, otherwise, I prefer no compression.

Catalin and cassini like this.
  11. cassini

cassini Master

Trusted No Limit
    thiago rodrigues likes this.
  12. vrdude

vrdude Moderator

Am downloading a single 18 gig file and don't get 5 gig limit... using MEGASynch and free account YAY!!!!

oCBWa4y.png

anonzzz likes this.
  13. cassini

cassini Master

Trusted No Limit
    Hahaha :D WTF, 18.15GB!!! That's insane! Why would they ever do that! It's so, so, so f****, f****, f**** beyond. Hahaha :D We will be looking forward to it, in next, next, next year @vrdude

14. vrdude

vrdude Moderator

15. wiebenik

wiebenik Gold Nova

No Limit
    i got a pro bundle of 1TB:D no limits for me

vrdude likes this.
  16. cassini

cassini Master

Trusted No Limit
    I know you're not complaining but I could feel you right now what's in your shoes. For me, it will be good if your using a some other company facilities to help you in your downloading because me I am using my own. And also, I am not the rich.

17. vrdude

vrdude Moderator

I just said I am using a free account. maybe you can try and let it download overnight and when you are at work.

sure beat... a bunch of loose files

download 5 gigs wait 5 hours
    download 5 more gigs wait 5 more hour
    download 5 more gigs and wait for another 5 hours
    download the last 3 gigs

that 15 hours of waiting plus download time.

EDIT: so it took me less then 2 hours to download 18 gigs. files extracted fine. Now Mega is saying I have to wait 3 hours for the next download (a 6 gigs file) which is fine... I will watch the tutorial.

Last edited: 7 Mar 2019
  18. wiebenik

wiebenik Gold Nova

No Limit
    vew months back i used goose vpn trail 30 days. after trail expires i created anew account.

19. vrdude

vrdude Moderator

that's a good trick if VPN is fast. another workaround is hopping between different Starbucks IF you have many in your area.

20. wiebenik

wiebenik Gold Nova

No Limit
    hahaha starbucks is a good one but sadly we dont have it here. Goose vpn is fast and stable