Using Your Location: A photographer’s guide to the best spots to shoot

Discussion in 'Photo Tutorials' started by hostyourdata, 23 Dec 2020.

1. hostyourdata

hostyourdata Silver III

Using Your Location: A photographer’s guide to the best spots to shoot

https://www.skillshare.com/classes/...rs-guide-to-the-best-spots-to-shoot/717053178

One of the most important considerations when planning a shoot is choosing the right location. It can influence so many aspects of your final image. In this class you will learn what to look for in a great location. You will learn how to recognise and use the best location in a way that will enhance your images.

I shoot mostly people so that influences my decisions about location choice but any genre of photography will benefit from a wisely chosen location.

I’m going to explain the reasons why I choose particular locations. How I find them

and how they influence lighting, posing, expression and the mood of my images.

The photographers I admire use the location to enhance the emotion and the message within their images. I’m not a fan of shooting everything at large apertures to blur out the background. I would rather do the work in finding a suitable location that will enhance my image and show the background in a way that enhances but does not detract from the importance of my subject.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**