Video audio input

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by wasp, 30 Jan 2019.

1. wasp

wasp Silver III

Hi,

Expanding into videography so looking at good audio options. Most of the work is for corporate gig (think filming for small talks, to be mounted on the Sony A73. A little bit torn between Seinnheiser or Rode. Thoughts for those who have dabbled with it? Many thanks

2. photoninja

photoninja Silver II

You could buy a Zoom recorder which can be mounted on the camera. The audio can be synced in post using software such as PluralEyes. This will give you can option of upgrading in future into such as Lav Mic, Shotgun Mic. You will have multiple inputs you can manage and can have multiple sources.

You can also get Rode VideoMic Pro. There are cheaper options from Rode out there too. I have used them in past and they are quite good. I don't have much experience with Seinnheiser.

3. wasp

wasp Silver III

Thank you Photoninja. I think I will have a look at Lav Mic and likely the VideoMic from Rode too. I seem to be getting conflicting messages on the brand, despite it being used by many people. Bah! I shall take a deeper look and rent it. Thank you again!

photoninja likes this.