Video editing software

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ken, 11 Jan 2019.

1. ken

ken Gold

No Limit
    Hi.. I've been wanting to learn video editing professionally. Can somebody suggest which app should I look into?
    Premier? Davinci? Hitfilm? Blender?
    It should not have steep learning curve (i'm old hahaha), and not too heavy for my comp.. (i have i5 3.5ghz, 16RAM, win7-x64).

2. tribal

tribal Legendary

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    Every video editing will be heavy for your comp :).

I would suggest Premiere Pro, it's the best IMHO and there is a lot of LUTS and other addons for it, but at the end of the day, all editors will get you what you want.

3. ken

ken Gold

No Limit
    what tutorial should i look into first?

4. fstop760

fstop760 Silver IV

No Limit
    Davinci Resolve is free and so much better for color grading. I would start with that if your computer can handle it. The built in LUT previewer is a godsend

5. Hovis Brown

Hovis Brown Gold Nova

No Limit
    I would start with Adobe Premiere. As you get better at editing, being able to link different assets from other Adobe programmes is very handy. It's also pretty speedy on older machines (was running CC on a 2010 Macbook Pro for a while - so yours would be fine with HD footage). 4K footage would struggle, but you can always proxy. Looking at what's on the forum, this should help:

https://p-v.club/threads/adobe-prem...lete-guide-with-abba-shapiro.6575/#post-20252

6. Norbert

Norbert Silver III

I also recommend Premiere Pro. I use it on a surface book 2 and works great. You should get similar results in editing, as I am using a "U" series cpu (not that powerful). A dedicated GPU would be good for extra speed.
    Download some LUT's from the forum and you're all set (the rest is cutting and pulling some sliders).

7. samten

samten New Member

Premiere and davinci