What counts as "duplicate"

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Complaints' started by Jupiter, 24 Jun 2022.

1. Jupiter

Jupiter Gold

Gold Member No Limit
    So I uploaded a tutorial that has 3 parts to it. Two of the three parts can already be found buried inside one of those 5DayDeal posts. And the 3rd is not available at p-v.club. So I uploaded a new post that has all three parts combined into one download link (one like gets you the whole set of 3 parts). Should my post be deleted because it's a "duplicate"?

Last edited: 24 Jun 2022
  2. nefuk

nefuk Gold

No Limit
    It makes sense, to me, to include the complete tutorial.

3. bbrooks

bbrooks Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    Technically, yes, it is a duplicate as it contains content that can be found elsewhere on the site. If it comes up in search within a post, then it's a duplicate. If the links are invalid, then a mirror is added to the existing post. I would suggest making a post for the third part and include links to the post that contains parts 1&2. It's ultimately up to mods to decide on this particular scenario.

lkngood likes this.
  4. Jupiter

Jupiter Gold

Gold Member No Limit
    I think anything buried inside those 5DayDeal bundles should not count towards duplication when a tutorial has multiple parts, volumes, editions, episodes, versions, updates, series, chapters, etc.

Last edited: 24 Jun 2022
    Patto01 likes this.
  5. Jupiter

Jupiter Gold

Gold Member No Limit
    Clarification: When I say "part" I mean any part that can be purchased separately and is labeled by the author as a part.

6. Nikon4life

Nikon4life Legendary Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    I've posted separate threads where I've included complete posts; inclusive of those posted within 5-day deals as well. I'll just make reference to them out of respect to those providing that post (at an earlier date). Some 5-day deal or others don't include the assets or "progress" or "evolve" to include additions - - - I'd prefer to have all grouped together and all-inclusive rather than a piece here or a piece there . . . ;)

7. Jupiter

Jupiter Gold

Gold Member No Limit
    Plus, sometimes those 5DayDeal items are bait-and-switch.

For example, You'll find the title Florida Skies by Serge Ramelli inside one of the 5DayDeal bundles, but it only includes the tutorial. The actual sky overlays that should come with it are missing.

Another example, You'll find the item Conceptual Fine Art Photo Artistry Sebastian Michaels & Brooke Shaden Pro Bundle $197.00 in the 5DayDeal bundle, but it is not the actual course but rather a promotional overview of the course.

Nikon4life likes this.
  8. curiousdude

curiousdude Gold

Gold Member No Limit
    I agree with you @Jupiter - those 5 Day deal bundles are often trash - I stopped buying them for the reasons you listed. And 99% of the time, the version that the creator sells has much more content than the 5 Day Deal version.

Nikon4life and Jupiter like this.
  9. george

george Administrator

Staff Member Gold Member No Limit
    These examples are indeed not duplicate and will not be considered as such. Just make sure to include such info when posting a complete version so it will not be deleted by mistake and considered duplicate.

curiousdude and Nikon4life like this.