Within the Frame: The Journey of Photographic Vision, 2nd Edition - David duChemin

Discussion in 'Photo eBooks' started by lilyandmeow, 4 May 2020.

1. lilyandmeow

lilyandmeow Silver II

Within the Frame received critical recognition for its humanity and practical teaching, and in this revision of his classic best-selling book, David duChemin encourages you to search for what matters to you and not give up until you convey it through your photography: “I’m chasing my vision, and you will chase yours in the places best suited to that. What’s important is that you chase that vision intentionally and with passion, refusing to let it be anything but yours and yours alone.”

Through a heartfelt discussion about creating photographs of people, places, cultures, and the discovery of a personal point of view that makes those stories compelling and authentic, David teaches how to seek and serve your creative vision through the art of photography by highlighting images from his adventures around the world. Regardless of the setting, it’s the lessons about the central role of vision and expression in photography that sets this book apart, even if you never wander far from home.

David shares the nuances of approaching different subjects, the value of scouting locations (and wandering in unfamiliar places), techniques for photographing landscapes, how to capture a sense of place and culture with sensitivity through images of food, festivals, art and faith, and more. This edition includes new images, creative exercises, updated chapters, a streaming companion video, and discussions about changing perspectives, including an increased focus on landscape photography. Most importantly, David maintains the crucial theme of vision–and he helps you find, cultivate, and pursue your own, and then fit it within the frame.

vx77e6I.jpg

Reference:
    https://www.amazon.com/Within-Frame-Journey-Photographic-Vision/dp/0134288629

Download:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**

Last edited: 4 May 2020
    adio09, Coraline, schabier65 and 25 others like this.
  2. mwla

mwla Legendary

No Limit
  3. lilyandmeow

lilyandmeow Silver II

I wanted to let you know this is 2nd edition from 2016. Comments of the author: "Now the 2nd Edition is out and I want to quickly tell you what it is and is not. What it is not is a whole new book. It’s still Within The Frame. It’s still written by me. But the author has changed. I’ve grown. So this edition was a chance to re-edit the words and update some thoughts and opinions, and add a few things. The same is true of the photographs, all of which were re-processed, and some of which were replaced with new images entirely."

4. Nikon4life

Nikon4life Legendary Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    Thanks for the updated version: David duChemin is truly gifted with words and this is surely an apt re-write' his material is worth every penny . . .

lilyandmeow likes this.
  5. mwla

mwla Legendary

No Limit
    The version of the book already on p-v is the 10th Anniversary version that came out on January 16, 2019. It is newer than your version.

https://p-v.club/threads/within-the-frame-the-journey-of-photographic-vision.3649/

https://www.amazon.com/Within-Frame-10th-Anniversary-Photographic-ebook/dp/B07MX7GN1N/

6. mwla

mwla Legendary

No Limit
    Good point. Found my copy and it's from 2009. Guess we don't have the latest, and it shares the cover with the first version.

Nikon4life likes this.
  7. qanthoniop

qanthoniop New Member

8. redpando

redpando New Member

Can someone please create a mirror for this? Thanks.

9. diosdado

diosdado Silver IV

No Limit
    pls re upload

10. Coraline

Coraline Legendary

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    Mirror:

PDF / EPUB

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**

adio09, Fantom, vietdeveloper and 9 others like this.
  11. qanthoniop

qanthoniop New Member

Thanks ;)

Nikon4life likes this.