Workupload takedowns

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Complaints' started by Cassidy, 1 Feb 2023.

1. Cassidy

Cassidy Master

Gold Member No Limit
    Noticed that someone is reporting a few of my Workupload links (Gold posts) and they are being removed. I even tried reuploading one last night to workupload , and when i clicked share to get the new link, I got a 404- file not found.

2. lkngood

lkngood Supreme Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    Has happened to me as well...

3. Laly

Laly Gold

Gold Member No Limit
    wow, if possible start to check the likes on post, I saw so weird in this post from Carmen 85 https://p-v.club/threads/sweet-soul-studio-quick-tips-52.42723/#post-212581, next day she post the link was down too

ps: the good thing is that Carmen 85 post has only 33likes, if this like appear in orther were given is easy a selection to find who was, because when I give click to get the link the link was down....

4. lkngood

lkngood Supreme Master

we see how long my mirror last

Laly likes this.
  5. Laly

Laly Gold

Gold Member No Limit
    I check the likes in Carmen 85 post, appear to be organized, there is 1 person new appear since nov 22 no too much participation, but can be anyone other for sure...let see

6. Cassidy

Cassidy Master

Gold Member No Limit
    This particular post of mine has over 130 likes. I have also had to create a new link a few times since posting the OP. I can't even re-create a new link with workupload bc as soon as I click share, it says file not found. I even renamed the files, and it still did it. Yes, saw Carmens most recent post. I don't think it was up for a full 24 hours before being taken down. I was one of the first few people who liked her post but wasn't near my computer, so I didn't download it. When I came back to it to download, it was already gone.

7. lkngood

lkngood Supreme Master

grab it now

levitzj2 and Cassidy like this.
  8. Laly

Laly Gold

Gold Member No Limit
    Oh no @Cassidy I don't say was you please no think that, I think was one new person but I can't say for sure, in fact there is a new one person there but... let see..

9. Cassidy

Cassidy Master

Gold Member No Limit
    That's ok! I never even thought that! All is good :)

Laly likes this.
  10. Cassidy

Cassidy Master

Gold Member No Limit
    So I noticed that I can't use workupload anymore. I have tried uploading other stuff and when I click share, 404- File Not.Found. Any suggestions what I can use going forward? TY.

11. Snook

Snook Gold Nova

Gold Member No Limit
    Weird, I have been downloading many links from workupload today.. Must be on your end or maybe they banned your IP?
    Do you have or use a VPN?

Last edited: 4 Feb 2023
  12. lunareclipse

lunareclipse Gold Nova

Gold Member No Limit
    do you have an account, or just upload them and share from there? Did you try different web browsers? If different browsers dont work Id suggest a VPN too

13. Nikon4life

Nikon4life Legendary Master

Can confirm getting banned on free Work-UL; definitely get a VPN. VPNs additionally "help" with downloading time-limit sites as well. There are several file sharing hosts; both free and paid - and again, a VPN is beneficial for these as well.

Snook likes this.
  14. Cassidy

Cassidy Master

Gold Member No Limit
    No account. Just upload and share. I don't.know what a VPN is. I will have to search what is is.

15. Cassidy

Cassidy Master

Gold Member No Limit
    I'm not computer savy.and have no.idea what a VPN is. I will have to do a search and figure out how to use it. Ty for your suggestion

16. dinobytes

dinobytes Gold

No Limit
    Mine have suddenly been removed more often as well. Is it just me or are more of the "reupload" requests mostly from new members? Wondering if that should raise an eyebrow.

17. Nikon4life

I think a little of both; but probably directly related. What I mean is as new members join and click a like to gain access to your posted shares - the expired link is being identified - and then request being made.

I rarely have any time to check my own links and sorta rely on peeps letting me know if a re-upload is required. I try to identify within a history of any links that someone has liked that appears older to me - and check that link on my side (even if a request was NOT made) - thus trying to stay up on the dropped links. It's really kind of a wack-a-mole game after a certain time . . .

It's a little frustrating for both parties involved: new members who are burning their likes (limited) on expired-link posts AND sharing members' who need to find and re-populate those links. Small files are like gnats and the larger files are like hornets . . . :mad:

18. dinobytes

dinobytes Gold

No Limit
    So part of my thought was, that since this is easily found on google, it's the original authors who are "new members". By continuously flagging our content, they'll eventually ruin us for good. Maybe it's a "conspiracy" but there is a possibility behind it.

Cassidy likes this.
  19. Nikon4life

Sure - that's possible and I've seen publishers come on-line here and remark about infringements; and the like - and rightly so . . . they made it. But some iteration of the forum will continue on as long as there is content; a file-hosting option, and most importantly - membership . . .

20. umatpati

umatpati Master

Gold Member No Limit
    This happened to me to when I uploaded from an old IMac ..immediately after uploading a new content I was facing "404 file not found" Error..But after switching over to another new laptop, I was able to upload it without any glitch..So I feel it's old non-updated version of Google chrome..So i would suggest to try from another PC if you have.. @Cassidy