Dead Young Screen Writers - Writing the Short

Discussion in 'Trash' started by Cheetah, 19 May 2020.

1. Cheetah

Cheetah Gold

No Limit
    YoungScreenwriters_logo_long_1-copy.png

If you want to write movies, you don't need a feature film right out of the gate . . . you need a short script that DEMANDS ATTENTION.

Often, young screenwriters will overlook the power of a strong short script. They want to immediately dive into writing their feature.

But did you know . . .

• You can win prestigious screenwriting competitions with a short
    • You can use your short to wow agents, managers, and producers
    • You can realistically shoot a short on your own and add it to your reel
    • You can use your short to apply to world-renown film programs and universities
    • You can test a feature film idea on a smaller scale before investing tons of time and money
    Want to know the number one mistake young screenwriters make? Sitting down with a pen and paper (or a laptop) and writing "FADE IN" before knowing exactly where their story is going.

So often, I've had students tell me, "I'll figure it out as I go..." or "It can't be that hard. I have an idea and I can write."

They have no experience screenwriting. But really, they wonder, how important can structure be?

Very.

Very, very, very important.

Structure is the roadmap for your entire script. The foundation. The bones.

And to have a script that demands attention, you need a foundation that is strong, confident, and grounded.

This 6-module course is designed to help you go from no idea to a compelling, audience-ready, shootable short script in just 5 weeks . . . even if you have no screenwriting experience whatsoever.

This course will walk you through all the secrets I've acquired through over the course of 20+ years in the movie business, both as a professional screenwriter and as a professor of screenwriting at NYU Tisch School of the Arts. It includes the insights I gained by meeting with countless agents, producers, and filmmakers, selling my own feature films, and studying the most successful films to discover what they have in common.

https://youngscreenwriters.com/

[mod edit: dead links removed; free to download: https://youngscreenwriters.teachable.com/p/writing-the-short]

Last edited by a moderator: 14 Aug 2021
    shanelllio, Rock91, ami and 27 others like this.
  2. Leona95

Leona95 Gold Nova

No Limit
    Cheetah likes this.
  3. Cheetah

Cheetah Gold

No Limit
    Glad you liked it :)

4. robustKID

robustKID Gold

No Limit
    Interesting and Helpful. Thank you for sharing.

Cheetah likes this.
  5. Cheetah

Cheetah Gold

No Limit
    you most welcome bro...

robustKID likes this.