Color Theory Basics for Food and Product Photography

Discussion in 'Skillshare' started by Arina, 11 May 2023.

1. Arina

Arina Guest

original.jpg
    One of my struggles when I was just starting out as a photographer was creating colorful photos with impact. I thought throwing as many colorful elements as possible to my scene is the genius way to do it but I had to learn the hard way that unintentionally combining colors can result in messy and distracting images. This cringey mistake fueled my desire to know more and study color. It took me years to really understand color theory and practically use it in Photography. And that is what I will be sharing with you in this class.

What you'll learn:

• What is color theory and why it's important in food and product photography.
    • How to master the color wheel (my favorite tool to effectively use color in my photoshoots)
    • 3 popular and commonly used color schemes: Complementary, Analogous and Monochromatic
    • How to use color to craft a story
    • How to use the color theory in planning for photoshoots
    • Food and product photography demos showing my best practices and techniques
    • My workflow for practically applying color theory in photoshoots (example: in choosing backgrounds and props)
    • My quick and easy photo editing workflow to enhance color in my photos
    • 3 bonus tips to master color theory
    Who is this class for?

Beginner Photographers, Aspiring Food Photographers, Aspiring Food Stylists, Aspiring Product Photographers, Food and Product Photographers, Bloggers, Foodies, Recipe developers. Online Sellers, Social Media Influencers, E-commerce Business Owners and absolutely anyone who wants to create colorful photos with impact.

https://www.skillshare.com/en/class...s-for-Food-and-Product-Photography/1338026678

link

egom, mimasakas, erwinmey and 16 others like this.