Other Language Domestika - Fine art photography: self-portraits full of symbolism - Lidia Vives (eng subs)

Discussion in 'Photo Tutorials' started by mariana, 29 Mar 2021.

1. mariana

mariana Gold

Gold Member No Limit
    Fine art photography: self-portraits full of symbolism
    A course by Lídia Vives Photographer

[​IMG]

Learn how to turn your feelings into artistic photographs that are full of emotion and personality

Self-portraits can serve as a means of introspection, and are a powerful way to transform your emotions into art. Lídia Vives, is a photographer who approaches her work as a painter with a canvas and uses metaphors to illustrate her thoughts and feelings. Instead of photo sessions, she creates unique artwork that are elaborated like a painting, abundant with symbolism.

In this course, learn how to create a fine art self-portrait representing a character or personal experience. Throughout the units, learn how to give shape to your ideas and original style to create unique pictorial portraits that are filled with emotion. Are you ready to tell your own story while being both the photographer and model?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You will start by getting to know your teacher, the photographer Lídia Vives, and how the self-portrait came into her life to express everything she does not say with words. It will show you artists and works that have influenced her in her work, as well as the process that you will follow to make your final project come true.

You will discover some references of the self-portrait and you will analyze what features characterize his work. You will also reflect on your own style and learn to seek inspiration to create your own mood board. Then, you will plan your photos and get all the props to make it come true.

Now it will be the turn of the production of the session. First, you will see the necessary material, how it works and when to use it. Next, you will prepare the set taking into account the art direction. Finally, Lídia will teach you some tricks to achieve the perfect pose and start shooting.

Once the session is finished, you will develop your photos in Camera Raw to be able to continue with the retouching in Photoshop. You will see the different ways to save your final photograph and, finally, you will assess the different media options to print it and in which situation each of them is more appropriate.

What is the project of the course?
    You will make two fine art self-portraits with which you can represent both a character and your own experience. They will be on the same stage, but with different planes: one more closed to explore the expression of the face and another more open to work on posing the body.

Who is it for?
    People interested in self-portraiture and who find it difficult to pose, focus or frame. Also those with a basic level of language and photographic technique and an intermediate level of post-production.

Requirements
    To take this course, you will need intermediate level knowledge of Photoshop and know how to handle a reflex camera, but, if you prefer, you can also use your mobile camera and natural light.

12416-big.jpg

LINK:https://www.domestika.org/en/courses/1173-fine-art-photography-self-portraits-filled-with-symbolism

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by Gold Members(click for instructions) after they click 'Like'.**
    NOTE: The postproduction part (retouch) dont have subtitles, because as I said I lost my password of my tubedigger program and I discovered this after made the thread, sorry for that, so a friend help me with this part in high quality, meanwhile I record the other parts with the subtitles added in the video, because they dont block any important part of the video.

Subtitles for the postproduction part
    https://p-v.club/threads/domestika-...olism-lidia-vives-eng-subs.30700/#post-128932

Last edited: 8 Apr 2021
    Rafael79, fedkika, Ivair and 83 others like this.
  2. Sn3ik3

Sn3ik3 Gold

No Limit
    waiting and looking forward

3. agf

agf Silver I

+1

4. YasminPuspita99

YasminPuspita99 New Member

Newcomer
  5. TitusGroan

TitusGroan New Member

{taps foot in eager anticipation....}

6. Kalypso

Kalypso Legendary

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
  7. Pinard

Pinard New Member

Waiting

8. Nikon4life

Nikon4life Legendary Master

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
  9. saraysaray

saraysaray Gold

No Limit
  10. a2dols

a2dols New Member

waiting

11. markbhz

markbhz Silver II

12. mariana

mariana Gold

Gold Member No Limit
    sorry I having problems with my recording, I lost my serial number and I gave format to my pc... I will record it today, I only have now the postproduction part, only need the rest.

13. mariana

mariana Gold

Gold Member No Limit
    NOTE: The postproduction part (retouch) dont have subtitles, because as I said I lost my password of my tubedigger program and I discovered this after made the thread, sorry for that, so a friend help me with this part in high quality, meanwhile I record the other parts with the subtitles added in the video, because they dont block any important part of the video.

Subtitles for the postproduction part are so welcome!

14. saraysaray

saraysaray Gold

No Limit
  15. umatpati

umatpati Master

Gold Member No Limit
    How did you record it with subtitles..?
    I have this course..will record with subtitles and share soon..

16. mariana

mariana Gold

Gold Member No Limit
    thanks it will be amazing! I did with capto recorder a screen recorder... But how do you will do it? I can record with subtitles but until today, I will try and see how big is.

17. umatpati

umatpati Master

Gold Member No Limit
    Is there anyway to extract subtitles separately ?

18. mariana

mariana Gold

Gold Member No Limit
    yes but i did it with tubedigger, but I lost my serial ;(

19. umatpati

umatpati Master

Gold Member No Limit
    Subtitles for the Post Production Part : 4 La postproducción

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**

getares17, Arina, Carmen 85 and 19 others like this.
  20. umatpati

umatpati Master

Gold Member No Limit
    I have extracted subtitles for "Post Production unit" and shared above ...Enjoy.. :)

xiaoxin, TitusGroan and Observer like this.