The Female Figure in Shadow and Light - PDF & EPub

Discussion in 'Photo eBooks' started by LuisAngel, 8 Sep 2020.

1. LuisAngel

LuisAngel Pro

PDF & Epub Book - The Female Figure in Shadow and Light

001.png

Link:

https://www.amazon.com/Art-Models-Female-Figure-Shadow-ebook/dp/B004ZN80FA

Description:

This figure study enables artists to work when and where they want with their choice of model and pose.

This book in the series will help artists become proficient in incorporating chiaroscuro or light and dark lighting—a technique used by the great masters to produce drama and depth in their paintings—to define the human form.

The book incorporates a new layout featuring two primary views per pose as well as close-up faces. With the book, artists can study 95 poses in strong unidirectional lighting and observe the female form through more than 200 photos. Varieties of body types—ranging from thin to plus-size—and ethnicities are included.

Poses have been carefully chosen to illustrate important effects such as foreshortening and perspective changes. With this guide, artists can achieve longer drawing sessions than they could when drawing from a model directly.

A judicious amount of photo retouching is done—not to make the models more glamorous or plastic but to remove distractions that detract from the models' essence. Each photo may be zoomed in on specific body parts to achieve a higher level of detail.

This ebook does not have the full 360-degree views of every pose. If you would like all the views of all the poses, please see the Companion Disk or print book with disk.

Bonus info:
    https://www.amazon.com/Art-Models-Female-Figure-Shadow/dp/0981624987

Reviews:

Benjamin
    5.0 out of 5 stars Full Rotation / Special Perspectives at a Bargain Price
    Reviewed in the United States on September 2, 2019
    Verified Purchase

I have a family of artists. And I have never seen something quite so comprehensive as this. The art instruction part is relatively basic, so this is not a book to teach you how to draw. But the value is in having so many poses and so many angles of every pose for each model. This removes a lot of the guesswork whereas many books only have the one angle. The digital copies on CD are included with the print book. Having the digital copies ensures that areas of interest for detail are not minimized.

And the model selection is amazing--many different body types and ethnicities. The small collection of melodramatic facial expression shots is humorous, but I can see that it also serves a purpose for folks needing to portray varying degrees and mixes of emotions.
    Good job!

____________________############_______________

Joanna R.
    5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Artistic Poses
    Reviewed in the United States on August 22, 2011
    Verified Purchase

I love this edition of Art Models because it shows the detailed beauty of the human figure within the depths of shadow and light. This is perfect for reference and artist education. I have a few previous editions and love this the most; the others lack the shadow which I needed for study. Also, I do not think that taking the photos with a lot of shadow contrast, as in this book, takes away from other types of artists like graphic designers, cartoonists, etc. I think it adds to everyone's work and lacks NO detail. I can't wait for future editions using shadow and light as in this book.

Example 01.jpg

Link:
    https://www.amazon.com/Art-Models-Female-Figure-Shadow-ebook/dp/B004ZN80FA

Download:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**
    Example 02.jpg

There are more than 200 nude women photos for your future creations and inspiration..... Cheers;)
    "Con más de 200 fotografías para tus futuras creaciones e inspiración" Disfruta.... ;)

Last edited: 8 Sep 2020
    Jeandtt, Mechanubis, JJJJJJ and 62 others like this.
  2. lbrow65

lbrow65 New Member

Lots of great ideas. Thanks for the share.

moss likes this.
  3. LuisAngel

LuisAngel Pro

I hope this will be a helpful resource.... enjoy Cheers;)

mol likes this.
  4. shanelllio

shanelllio Veteran

Any mirror? Thanks:)

5. JohnDo

JohnDo Elite

Lifetime Gold Trusted Gold Member No Limit
    MIRROR

The Female Figure in Shadow and Light [PDF & ePub]

b6f1b3d45e2a7ecaa464fd176d472278 (1).jpg

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here.**

Last edited: 16 Jun 2023
    lbrow65, tomlead, nefuk and 24 others like this.
  6. Peterlino

Peterlino New Member

Thanks for "mirroring";)