This is an off topic so I'll just leave it here

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Echoitachi, 6 Jul 2020.

1. Echoitachi

Echoitachi New Member

Hi All, I'm Echoitachi from PH. Pardon my English as I can't speak fluently so hard for me to express my feelings, I will try my best.

I just want to express and defend myself of being accused by @Jack Smith for being a parasite in this forum.

Please see screenshots...

YUeJSBtg.jpg

HHRQEF1g.jpg

----

DEsK5Hh.jpg

1. What did I do wrong? And is it really my fault that someone like my comment? Do you want me to put a big sign "DON'T LIKE MY COMMENT!"??? I never force someone to liked my comment. If you have a proof then send it to our Admin or Moderator. How the F can I control someone's account to forcefully liked my random comment? What behavior did I do to make it disrespectful towards who pay for Gold Membership? My everyday routine for visiting this club is first welcome new members and second I browse FREE CONTENT to download and comment my appreciation towards the contributor by saying "Thanks... "

I get my likes from random new members, random comments from members and from the contributors. See some examples screenshot below.

New Members

1alXVy1g.jpg

One of my reply from a thread.
    yj3iN87g.jpg

Some likes from The Contributors itself (OP of Free Contents I've Downloaded)
    QqUsA5k.jpg
    jILhBMH.jpg
    x7ZImNU.jpg
    5qmKxRW.jpg
    9C3c3Dq.jpg

and lastly the number 2. You proudly say I contributed all caps "NOTHING"?
    FCeL1gTg.jpg
    I did one contribution a less than 100mb as of now fyi as I have a very really slow internet connection $50 for less than 3mbps speed with real speed of upload 200kbps and download 300kpbs (isp scks here in PH, search official fb page of PLDT and 90% of comments are angry. Even our President wants a new 3rd telco which currently still on going) I am waiting for an fiber upgrade 10mbps for $100 which needs a months because of a lockdown in my place (limited personel to install). I currently not working for 3months and my savings are for my family foods (no work no pay 3months and counting due to lockdown lots of covid positive cases here and our mayor stops giving free rice no more budget) so I am sorry if cannot purchased a gold membership as of today. I prioritized my remaining savings to buy food for my family. If no more lockdown here I can go to work and save for this Gold Membership. Have a little understanding of my situation, not all are like you can easily purchased stuffs but that doesn't mean you will have the right to tell me a parasite. I did nothing wrong, I just simply welcome new members and saying thanks to the contributors.

If banning me will make you happy then tell our Admin and Moderator. Send them a proof of what you accused me. For now I will rest a while from this club and focus on my family. Stay safe all and God bless!

born2day, Parkhillian and alxndr like this.
  2. Jack Smith

Jack Smith Moderator

Staff Member Lifetime Gold Trusted Gold Member No Limit
    Congratulations, you just admited to spamming the forum in order to get likes, AKA fishing for likes.
    That goes against the rules:
    https://p-v.club/threads/the-rules.2/
    8.Do not spam. Spamming is only good for one thing: delete training.

I have no interest in continuing with this conversation so I will not be answering any more of your posts.
    Please refrain from tagging me in future post, thanks.

absentia likes this.
  3. tribal

tribal Legendary

Lifetime Gold Gold Member No Limit
    For FS, keep this childish behavior in PMs and don't bother the rest of us with your drama. We have mods to kick the leechers out!

absentia, Nikon4life and Tin Foil Hat like this.
  4. Leona95

Leona95 Gold Nova

No Limit
    Rules are rules and finally @george should decide what's okay and what's not. Despite of this I don't think insulting someone does improve the atmosphere in this community. That's also a rule: "6. Be nice and polite. Respect others and you will be respected.". Nor does a public thread help of course.

I as well as @Nikon4life I don't see exactly where a rule was broken. There is no rule telling only to give likes to unlock a hidden link.

absentia and Nikon4life like this.
  5. Nikon4life

Nikon4life Legendary Master

At least this forum isn't for building bombs; nor is it for curing cancer . . . (or SarsCOV-19; on a more pressing topic) . . . :p

6. george

george Administrator

Staff Member Gold Member No Limit
    The following measures were applied:
    - Echoitachi lost 39 likes and Gold Membership removed.
    - Nikon4life received a warning
    - the number of likes / day are limited to 20 likes for all members
    - a new rule introduced that states that you must only like posts with download links

Ignat and absentia like this.
  7. lkngood

lkngood Supreme Master

Say what?

8. bholenath

bholenath Gold

No Limit
    So to "acknowledge" a post or whatever should one reply saying thanks instead? Look I know this is a double edged sword for you guys but unless you can change the forum software in the backend to it only registering likes for posts with hidden links then I feel you guys are just creating more headaches for yourselves.

Leona95 likes this.
  9. Nikon4life

This is relatively fair but I do foresee potential issues in the sense of those willing to mirror; s/he will get the "like" (1 of 20) - but one should, as courtesy, and rightfully so - provide a "Like" to the OP too [so in effect one is using 2 /20 "likes" for a mirrored post].

On a server level - I imagine this would ease any potential load as new membership increases, esp as the forum is currently open to new members. This would certainly have an impact on ones choices; sorta like going from digital to film - right? Choose your compositions and subject matter carefully . . . ;)

Leona95 likes this.
  10. Nikon4life

I agree - it would eradicate any ambiguity relative to those rules [not] defining a "fake" like; I assumed this was in the context of creating a duplicate account and thus ping-ponging likes back and forth between the two (but same) owner; thus the "fakeiness".

I'm not a coder, but my memory of Boolean logic should easily only allow a certain number of likes from a certain party member specific to a target account (i.e. between two specific accounts; relative to the time the member originally joined); there are algorithms that can be hashed out - - -

This would additionally serve to foster fairness for all and quench the flames of ad-hominem remarks that are so easily made behind a pseudo-mask of anonymity . . .

Leona95 likes this.